Saban to Texas?

Scratchtown

SEC would never allow it.
Hey Aggies question. Florida has FSU, Scar has Clemson, Georgia has GA Tech. All out of conference games, all rovalry weekend games. Would a&m want Texas back for rivalry weekend if the schedule would allow it?

On TexAgs, our main message board site, the feeling is no. Even our AD for Communications said we are only interested in playing them in the post-season. Here are the reasons of the fans:

1. They attempted to block our move and said if we go, they would never play us again in anything and try to make it so every Texas school did the same

2. We have a current advantage in exposure and recruiting (for instance, 57M people saw A&M play this year on TV, only 15M saw Texas)

3. We are in a better conference with better games

4. We don't need to play them for a big matchup with annual games against South Carolina, LSU, Bama, Auburn every year.

Essentially, they are saying that they need us more than we need them. While this may be true, I miss playing them and I hope it comes back. Some people seem to forget this is a game and is more than just about "power" IT's about tradition. Thanksgiving used to ALWAYS be Texas-Texas A&M for as long as I can remember, and now it's not.

SEC would never allow it.
Hey Aggies question. Florida has FSU, Scar has Clemson, Georgia has GA Tech. All out of conference games, all rovalry weekend games. Would a&m want Texas back for rivalry weekend if the schedule would allow it?

On TexAgs, our main message board site, the feeling is no. Even our AD for Communications said we are only interested in playing them in the post-season. Here are the reasons of the fans:

1. They attempted to block our move and said if we go, they would never play us again in anything and try to make it so every Texas school did the same

2. We have a current advantage in exposure and recruiting (for instance, 57M people saw A&M play this year on TV, only 15M saw Texas)

3. We are in a better conference with better games

4. We don't need to play them for a big matchup with annual games against South Carolina, LSU, Bama, Auburn every year.

Essentially, they are saying that they need us more than we need them. While this may be true, I miss playing them and I hope it comes back. Some people seem to forget this is a game and is more than just about "power" IT's about tradition. Thanksgiving used to ALWAYS be Texas-Texas A&M for as long as I can remember, and now it's not.

See Im with you on that. Would be a great addition to the already stacked rivalry weekend lineup and Turkey day isnt the same now. But I also like the fact that a&m is now more respected in terms of viewership, recruiting and conference than Texas. Its great watching them suck the life source out of the fragments of the Big 12 to keep their ship afloat. And Longhorn network. Best joke ever.

Yeah, it's a bit crazy. What's funny is they jumped in bed RIGHT as Texas was peaking. My understanding is that coaches feel LHN is a burden, not a help. As long as it is present, the BDF Conference is walking wounded. No way that it will succeed with Texas calling the shots.

A regime change is the only way that snake pit gets saved. The b12 is going to be irrelevant when its yhe only league without a title game. Even the Sun Belt will have one before they do.

And thankyou for using the word Eleventy, I would have also accepted Threeve.