The Uniqueness of Our Circumstances Continue

Landlord

It doesn't seem to be a secret that Nebraska has had a lot of....unusual or just unique circumstances surrounding our program or our media coverage over the last decade or so. There was the second put back on the clock against Texas, the Taylor Martinez flame out, the move to the Big Ten that was unprecedented when it was announced, The Big XII's gracious sendoff, Bo's sideline tirades, the completely unexpected curveball against Wisconsin in the CCG, that 'reporter' that attacked Bo because he didn't allow a former military member to call a play that he supposedly promised, Team Jack, etc. etc.

Not saying we are special or anything like that, but there have just been weird and uncommon occurrences going on. And yet it continues:

Has any other team ever only played in 3 bowls over the course of 6 bowl games?

Gator Bowl twice in 2008 and 2013

Holiday Bowl twice in 2009 and 2010

Capital One Bowl twice in 2011 and 2012

Taking it one step further, has any other team ever had to have rematches not even a year old in two of those games (Washington and Georgia)? A lot of people keep talking about fan apathy and acceptance of mediocrity... well with circumstances like this, it makes it really hard to continue with passionate optimism.

We went to the Orange bowl 7 out 8 years and played Miami and Florida state over and over :sarcasm Boy a wish that would happen again

There is not one Husker fan that would be "satisfied" with three losses.

I can't speak for the whole fan base obviously, but for myself, I can handle three losses if they aren't embarrassing or in blowout fashion. If we lose to a better team or have a minor slip up against a team we should beat, oh well, it happens. That even happens to great teams every year. But, when I look at Nebraska's losses over the last several years, I often feel they did more to lose a lot of those games than the other team did to beat them. MSU this year is a perfect example. I'm not trying to take away what those other teams did but Nebraska has a lot of self-inflicted, stupid mistakes that tend to crop up.

Satisfied means that you are perfectly happy and see no reason for improvement. Is that you?

I guess I took a more loose definition of satisfied. You're right, I don't think anyone would be "satisfied," but I do think plenty of people could handle it if the losses weren't embarrassing.