Your Scout Report on Georgia Bulldogs

deeprig9

after the #7, Conner, and the OBC is gone, then it's back to 3-9 and some normalcy for the c$%ks.

But Conner Shaw has been a freakin stud for y'all for sure. Personally, I think if y'all ain't got Shaw, the c$%ks are barely over .500....he was as tough a QB as anyone will ever see.....Georgia boy IIRC, from Gwinett county(?)

It's Connor. Shaw was a stud, never lost a home game in 3 years, only threw 1 INT the whole season and managed games like a boss. He was from Flowery Branch, GA. That whole, "when so&so leaves" argument is played out. It was the same things said, when Garcia, Alshon, Cliff, Ingram, Lattimore etc... left, but we've been recruiting really well for 6 years now and we just reload.

Our backup QB, Dylan Thompson has beaten 4 ranked teams on the road already (Clem, Mich, UCF, Mizz...although to be fair Shaw was the star of the Mizz game.) He'll be a 5th year Sr, with 2 years of actual collegiate game experience. He'll be fine, and if he's not, we have a RS Soph Parade All American backup and another guy who owns about every passing/TD record for NC HS football waiting in the wings. We're stacked at QB.

As far as #7's departure, it will be noticed, but it won't fall off. Team's had to plan for him all year and that freed up guys like our DT Quarles to lead the SEC's DT's in sacks and TFL's. We have a JUCO All American DE (Jhaustin Thomas) coming in, another US Army All American DE (Dante Sawyer) committed, another #1 JUCO WDE on 247 (Darrius Caldwell) coming (if he qualifies) and 3 DE's already on the roster with game experience. One of those 3 was the GA 6A Defensive Player of the Year 2012 (Darrius English.) We're stacked at DE.

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...

From an outsider looking in perspective on the UGA team, they're just another 8-4 team. Their tied in record with Vanderbilt, but Vandy won the head to head matchup b/w the two. Their defense is hot garbage. Their DC has been in a decline for the 3rd straight year and doesn't have the personnel to run a great 3-4 defense this season. Their pass defense is the weakest part of their team.

Their starting QB is out for the season so they are brining in a guy who started against Ga Tech (7-5). He went 22-36 against them for under 300 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT, a 57.6 QBR, and less than a 1 yard per carry rushing avg. He's all kinds of meh.

Then they have a RB who could get hurt at any moment, like he's done all season and miss game time. When the guy is on, he's on, but his toughness is a big question mark. They have some backups at RB that can play.

There are 2 WR's, Conley and Bennett, but I never know if they're playing or not, b/c their busted up every other game it seems, and does it really matter, b/c Aaron Murray isn't throwing to them?

The TE Lynch is good, but the 5 Star recruit Jay Rome has been a non-factor for most of his career at UGA.

They have a good kicker though.

However, their coaching overall is below avg. If you look at their recruiting classes the past 8 years, (usually Top 10) you really gotta wonder why it's so rare that they actually end up ranked in the Top10 end of season rankings.

I got to watch the replay of y'all's game yesterday. Congratulations on the win.

I think my scouting report before the game, above, was pretty dead on. QB was meh, DB's were bad, Lynch would be good, their RB could get gimpy at any moment, and their coaching left a lot to be desired. This was a much different team than they started the year with, but still a good win for y'all.

From an outsider looking in perspective on the UGA team, they're just another 8-4 team.  Their tied in record with Vanderbilt, but Vandy won the head to head matchup b/w the two.  Their defense is hot garbage.  Their DC has been in a decline for the 3rd straight year and doesn't have the personnel to run a great 3-4 defense this season.  Their pass defense is the weakest part of their team.  

Their starting QB is out for the season so they are brining in a guy who started against Ga Tech (7-5).  He went 22-36 against them for under 300 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT, a 57.6 QBR, and less than a 1 yard per carry rushing avg.  He's all kinds of meh.

Then they have a RB who could get hurt at any moment, like he's done all season and miss game time.  When the guy is on, he's on, but his toughness is a big question mark.  They have some backups at RB that can play.  

There are 2 WR's, Conley and Bennett, but I never know if they're playing or not, b/c their busted up every other game it seems, and does it really matter, b/c Aaron Murray isn't throwing to them?

The TE Lynch is good, but the 5 Star recruit Jay Rome has been a non-factor for most of his career at UGA.

They have a good kicker though.

However, their coaching overall is below avg.  If you look at their recruiting classes the past 8 years, (usually Top 10) you really gotta wonder why it's so rare that they actually end up ranked in the Top10 end of season rankings.

I got to watch the replay of y'all's game yesterday.  Congratulations on the win.  

I think my scouting report before the game, above, was pretty dead on.  QB was meh, DB's were bad, Lynch would be good, their RB could get gimpy at any moment, and their coaching left a lot to be desired.  This was a much different team than they started the year with, but still a good win for y'all.

Credit where credit is due. Spot on.

Damn it all. We were only missing a Clemson fan on this thread.

I think the 99 yd TD pass should shut up all the Cornhusker fans saying we can't pass the ball.

It was a good game and glad we came out on top. Dawgs will be good, per as usual, moving forward.

I hate the rematch bowls, but happy we evened it out.