Congrats to Touchdown Tommie Frazier + Shatels article

True2tRA

Congrats to the greatest college football player of all time Tommie Frazier on his official induction into the College Football HOF. I sure miss watching that guy run the show here.

Unlike some here, I like the guy. I appreciate his opinion and I give him credit. He knows what he's talking about and he's got the right to speak his mind. Maybe even more right than others sometimes. The guy poured his heart and soul into this program. I tend to agree with a lot of what he says but in this article by Shatel, Frazier said his point behind some of his criticism is just to challenge Nebraska to be better. I feel like that's my stance on most things. We can agree or disagree all day long. I just think we can do better and should always strive for the best here.

Anyways, here's a link to the article.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20131214/HUSKERS/131219190

Nice article for Tommy, and it does sound like he has grown up a bit.

Sometimes we forget, that people that have the strongest voice, not being heard is not always the best. Tommy sees things differently than most of us. His is a deeper love of the program. Not saying he is right or wrong, but he certainly has earned the right to voice his opinion on the subject.

Congrats on the accomplishment, long over due.

Congrats to Tommie. Definitely a deserved honor for what he did on the field.

As to his comments, I think they're out of place. I don't mind being frustrated or bemoaning results but calling for people's jobs is out of line for a former player, imo. Especially from one who failed miserably as a coach.

• Fire 1

As to his comments, I think they're out of place. I don't mind being frustrated or bemoaning results but calling for people's jobs is out of line for a former player, imo. Especially from one who failed miserably as a coach.

I disagree with you on this actually Mav. Guys like me appreciate the passion of these former players that are willing to speak up. These players should be involved in the program more. All players should be more involved. The day these guys stop caring, or have lost interest to the point that they feel they are out of place to speak on the status of this program, well then I become worried. I've already seen it with the fan base and myself have even held some comments back just based in the fact that I'm not sure what's left to say. I think people have a problem with Tommie's delivery sometimes, or the fact that negativity surely isn't helping the program, but sometimes things need to be said and he has the right to say them.

Tommy comes from a time when PC was not the norm. He says what he thinks, far too many do not anymore. Have to weigh the outcome, good for me, bad for me, not truly in the best interest of the program. He said harsh words, but believed them passionately. Those words are needed, whether you support Bo or not. He has the right to say what he thinks, and he has the past knowledge of what Nebraska was and is supposed to be in his mind.

Just shrugging your shoulders and saying it does not bother me, is not the answer. Everyone here loves this program, have spent lots of money one way or another to support this program. Here is a man that put his body on the line for this program, some would say carried, willed it to where we were. Does not mean he is right or wrong, just means he cares.

I disagree with you on this actually Mav. Guys like me appreciate the passion of these former players that are willing to speak up. These players should be involved in the program more. All players should be more involved. The day these guys stop caring, or have lost interest to the point that they feel they are out of place to speak on the status of this program, well then I become worried. I've already seen it with the fan base and myself have even held some comments back just based in the fact that I'm not sure what's left to say. I think people have a problem with Tommie's delivery sometimes, or the fact that negativity surely isn't helping the program, but sometimes things need to be said and he has the right to say them.

This is the whole point right here. If what you have to say is going to cause problems, it doesn't need to be said. I'm all for players being involved and they don't have to be sunshine pampers but what good is going to come from them saying coaches should be fired? And if you're not helping the situation, you're either trying to cause problems or just draw attention to yourself.

Just because you were a great player means very little about how much you know about coaching, as Tommie has proved beyond a doubt.

Tommy's coaching problem was not so much X and O's, but personality. He demanded too much from his less than scholarship players. Too hard on them, no fun at any time. And that is basically Tommy. Not a real nice person to be around, and possibly explains why it took so long for him to get into the Hall of Fame.

Great players do not make great coaches sometimes, but great players normally know what a program is and is not. I think he see's weakness in the team, not up to his standards or his past teams standards. Right or wrong he has every right to voice his opinion. Not all can be followers as a lot on this board.

This would not be a free country if some did not stand and voice their opinions. This country was based on freedom of speech. Not by those that stood by quietly and waited for everything to cool down. There are warriors and there are followers. The key is to have a middle ground. Tommy knows what it takes to win a MNC, he knows the efforts required, and the dedication of those that attempt it. My guess is, that those requirements are very much the same today.

The fact that he has the balls to own up to it. Yea I said it, prove me wrong seems to be his attitude. Up to Bo to prove him wrong.

Tommy's coaching problem was not so much X and O's, but personality. He demanded too much from his less than scholarship players. Too hard on them, no fun at any time. And that is basically Tommy. Not a real nice person to be around, and possibly explains why it took so long for him to get into the Hall of Fame.

Great players do not make great coaches sometimes, but great players normally know what a program is and is not. I think he see's weakness in the team, not up to his standards or his past teams standards. Right or wrong he has every right to voice his opinion. Not all can be followers as a lot on this board.

This would not be a free country if some did not stand and voice their opinions. This country was based on freedom of speech. Not by those that stood by quietly and waited for everything to cool down. There are warriors and there are followers. The key is to have a middle ground. Tommy knows what it takes to win a MNC, he knows the efforts required, and the dedication of those that attempt it. My guess is, that those requirements are very much the same today.

The fact that he has the balls to own up to it. Yea I said it, prove me wrong seems to be his attitude. Up to Bo to prove him wrong.

Tommie's biggest failure as a coach was one of his best assets as a player, he had a very rare indomitable spirit to try and win. He can't teach that because he doesn't know how it feels to not have it. And, (this is going to sound bad, but I don't mean it to be) he isn't intelligent enough to realize that not everyone shares that drive, even some college athletes. That act at a moribund Baylor team or Doane was never, ever going to work, and the people that hired him should share some of the blame there. It barely worked at an elite Nebraska team, he wasn't exactly the most popular guy in the locker room here either.

But, to a degree, Tommie's spirit could prove invaluable to this team. No excuses, play like a champion, be accountable, etc. if he could dull his edge a bit, he could be a great player liaison. But, he probably isn't capable of that, and that bridge to north Stadium has been sufficiently napalmed for this administration I think.