Wanna throw out some feedback?

• 2 weeks later...

I think the slits cutting into the inside corners are adding too much noise to this one. I'm trying to think of a way to keep it looking as sharp as it seems you're intending while removing some..

I don't know how this will look for sure, but what if instead of cutting them to where the edges meet in a point, you cut them at parallel 45 degree angles? You'd still have the sharp angles on the outside edges of the letters....idk just a thought.

Independent.

I think the slits cutting into the inside corners are adding too much noise to this one. I'm trying to think of a way to keep it looking as sharp as it seems you're intending while removing some..

I don't know how this will look for sure, but what if instead of cutting them to where the edges meet in a point, you cut them at parallel 45 degree angles? You'd still have the sharp angles on the outside edges of the letters....idk just a thought.

Independent.

I like that idea.

• 2 months later...

Any updates KC?

Also, gonna hijack your thread. I'm hoping to start taking my media hobby a lot more seriously and if everything works out (finally) find some work in it. So I'm going through a rebranding and I really like the moniker "lesser james", and am taking a very long time coming up with a logo and typeface to work well. Something with a lowercase j and maybe an L as well, that can stand on it's own or be combined with text. Here's just a random scattering of my experimenting:

tSAldjM.png

S287jUI.jpg

jDXT8xq.jpg

4KsqvkL.jpg

gwD4qXG.jpg

4LBm5PE.jpgtPbvhuL.jpg

jDXT8xq.jpg

Where does "lesser" originate from? Be careful of the portrayal of "lesser" though for obvious reasons.

I think I like this one (above) best. I feel like I have seen something very similar before though. Maybe not, just that hunch kind thing.

tPbvhuL.jpg

The second version on the left page above is okay. Kinda reminds me of looking at an open book with L on the left page and J on the right page.

gwD4qXG.jpg

The triangle with the lower script L and J is similar to a photographer (IIRC) from up here (MPLS) and is a clean look that is obviously softer and portrays a more fluid feel. Kinda depends on what image you are going for, naturally.

Where does "lesser" originate from? Be careful of the portrayal of "lesser" though for obvious reasons.

I kept going back and forth on whether or not i wanted to use my name as my brand. I was about to do it, but since i do a lot more than just photography (seems photographers use their names more than anyone else), i kind of wanted a title or 'company' name too. i settled on lesser james because A) it's a compromise between those two options B) i think it will translate well into a logo and C) it's biblical, which is what i'ma ll about, but without being pretentious or obvious (one of my friends recently branded her photography "business" as Proof of His Love Photography :facepalm: )

But as far as what image I'm going for, I can't say that I know. I don't have a set design identity or trend, and feel kind of balanced out and all over the place visually. Which is making this process take much much longer than I want.