Wanna throw out some feedback?

I am coming in a bit late but I agree with Landlord. It's a little too busy on the head and I felt like I wanted a little more depth which does along with what Landlord said in using vector shadows/shading. I feel like this would help with the jaw issue people are having.

I also feel like I need something in the eye. All I can think of is "is this a ghost/demon cat?" lol. The eyes are what connect it for me and I am missing it with this one (as I usually do with others that have similar eyes).

Other than that I think it's a solid look so far.

When I googled the pelicans logo I came on a "contest" site with some submissions and something like this is essentially what I'm feeling you could accomplish:

Pelicans%205.jpg

Clean, sharp, simple and focused. That is a badass logo. Maybe the secret is in using some vector shading as the 'detail'

What am I missing here? It's very pleasing on the eyes, but I can't make out the pelican...if there is one...

panther2dribbble.jpg

Worked on a lot of the suggestions here. Let me know what you think!

I think this attempt is much better, but I'm kinda seeing this now:

05891ac0.jpg

I'm not knocking your stuff, KC, but that part sticking down on the bottom kinda looks like his neck coming down and is giving me the "cone of shame" impression.

It's probably just me to be honest lol

• Fire 1

panther2dribbble.jpg

Worked on a lot of the suggestions here. Let me know what you think!

I think this attempt is much better, but I'm kinda seeing this now:

05891ac0.jpg

I'm not knocking your stuff, KC, but that part sticking down on the bottom kinda looks like his neck coming down and is giving me the "cone of shame" impression.

It's probably just me to be honest lol

Damn you GSG...I won't be able to get that out of my head now.

I didn't make a "cone of shame" connection but I did think there needed to be a little bit better definition of the head from the shield. There are two ways I can think of. One is either changing the shield color or the head outlined. The other is make the whole head gold with the great shading that you added. I still perceive the head as being outlined in that same shade of purple.

In moving to this, you lost your ears (they are floating above the head now) and definition in the lower jaw. All I see in the lower jaw is what would be the inside of the lip (that would be highlighted) and I am losing the outside of the jaw that would be in shadow that I perceived in the original to be in purple. That might be splitting hairs though and could just be my mind.

I think you are getting very close.