Wanna throw out some feedback?

• 2 weeks later...

us_soccer.jpg

That's great.

My very first thought though is upon first look, my eyes were adjusting to the S in the negative space, I picked up the wings right away but the head was a mess for me to resolve at first. I knew exactly what was happening but for whatever reason it was a hard adjustment for me. Almost like I was following the negative space of the S up and around the head without even realizing there was something more there. I am not sure if it is the color combination of the red on the blue and then having to resolve the head as white. I don't necessarily think its a problem and don't have any suggestions for it and as I look at it a second and third time, my brain is wrapped around it now.

Sorry if that makes absolutely no sense. I really like it though. Just messing around or does it have a specific application?

• Fire 1

us_soccer.jpg

That's great.

My very first thought though is upon first look, my eyes were adjusting to the S in the negative space, I picked up the wings right away but the head was a mess for me to resolve at first. I knew exactly what was happening but for whatever reason it was a hard adjustment for me. Almost like I was following the negative space of the S up and around the head without even realizing there was something more there. I am not sure if it is the color combination of the red on the blue and then having to resolve the head as white. I don't necessarily think its a problem and don't have any suggestions for it and as I look at it a second and third time, my brain is wrapped around it now.

Sorry if that makes absolutely no sense. I really like it though. Just messing around or does it have a specific application?

Just messing around in my free time. Trying to get noticed by someone who wants to pay me for my work.

I am not sure if it is the color combination of the red on the blue and then having to resolve the head as white.

Since the bald eagle is such a symbol to our country, the head had to be white.

I've updated and posted above based on some suggestions from Chris Creamer's sportslogos.net forums. I really like the addition of gold.

I am not sure if it is the color combination of the red on the blue and then having to resolve the head as white.

I've updated and posted above based on some suggestions from Chris Creamer's sportslogos.net forums. I really like the addition of gold.

I understand the necessity for the white head and agree it should be white. My brain just wasn't processing the red on blue with the negative space S very well (I got it though) which then lead me to completely miss the head.

I like the gold addition a lot. Much better definition on the eagle.

I understand the necessity for the white head and agree it should be white. My brain just wasn't processing the red on blue with the negative space S very well (I got it though) which then lead me to completely miss the head.

I like the gold addition a lot. Much better definition on the eagle.

Another version much like the original, with more contrast between the blue & red:

US_SOCCER_Rebound5.jpg

• Fire 1
  • 2 months later...