2014 B1G Recruiting Update

This is a snapshot of the current state of recruiting for the B1G (as composed and tweeted by Gerry Dinardo):

#Buckeyes 21 Commits Ave *s 3.86 Ranked 1 in B1G in 4 services. National Rankings Scout 5,ESPN 5,Rivals 2, 24/7 -2

#Badgers have 25 Commits Ave * rating 3.12 Ranks 2nd in B1G by Scout Nat Rank Scout 18,ESPN 32,Rivals 26, 24/7- 30

#Wolverines 16 Commits Ave Star Rating 3.56 National Rankings Scout 19, ESPN 12, Rivals 24, 24/7- 13

#PennState 19 Commits Ave. Star rating 3.26 National Rankings Scout 24, ESPN 25, Rivals 22, 24/7 – 19

#Spartans 19 Commits Ave Star rating 3.16 National Rankings Scout 29, Rivals 35, 24/7 - 34

#Huskers 19 Commits Ave. Star Rating 3.11 National Rankings Scout 37, Rivals 37, 24/7- 38

#Rutgers 23 Commits Ave. Star Rating 2.87 National Rankings Scout 38, Rivals 42, 24/7 - 43

#Hawkeyes 18 Commits Ave. Star Rating 2.94 National Rankings Scout 41, Rivals 51, 24/7 - 48

#Northwestern 15 Commits Ave. Star Rating 3.07 National Rankings Scout 44, ESPN 35, Rivals 53, 24/7 - 42

#Hoosiers 16 Commits Ave. Star Rating 2.81 National Rankings Scout 58, Rivals 57, 24/7 – 66

#Maryland 13 Commits Ave. Star Rating 2.92 National Rankings Scout 59, Rivals 63, 24/7 - 52

#Purdue 18 Commits Ave. Star Rating 2.56 National Rankings Scout 62, Rivals 60, 24/7 - 56

#Illini 17 Commits Ave. Star Rating 2.59 National Rankings Scout 64, Rivals 59, 24/7 – 57

#Gophers 13 Commits Ave. Star Rating 2.69 National Rankings Scout 65, Rivals 68, 24/7 - 67

I think we are about where we were at the same time last year with time. Huskers are in a position to pull in another solid class, filled many positions of need with the right type of players. We still have openings for CB, OT, RB (especially if we lose Ameer), and, maybe even, a DE or QB.

I wouldn't say we are where we were at this time last season.

Exactly one year ago today (Jan 6, 2013), our average rating by the 4 services was 15. This year its in the mid-to-upper 30's. Last year on this date, we had 12 4-star recruits (when counting kids rated 4 star by one or more services).

I think we are about where we were at the same time last year with time. Huskers are in a position to pull in another solid class, filled many positions of need with the right type of players. We still have openings for CB, OT, RB (especially if we lose Ameer), and, maybe even, a DE or QB.

I wouldn't say we are where we were at this time last season.

Exactly one year ago today (Jan 6, 2013), our average rating by the 4 services was 15.  This year its in the mid-to-upper 30's.  Last year on this date, we had 12 4-star recruits (when counting kids rated 4 star by one or more services).

Ranking-wise, you are correct, so I should clarify. Even though our class ranking (and the rating of individual recruits) may be lower than last year, I think we are in a similar position to last year as we are recruiting most of our areas of need well (finding athletes with more speed and raw talent than previous years, even if under-the-radar). The only areas we really need more talent at are CB and OT (we did not recruit CB very well last year either though we have not seen what Boaz Joseph can do). RB, QB, and DE would all be bonuses.

It absolutely baffles me that we can't get high profile CB to come here. I like Mosley and think he will be a good one but I don't understand how with the success we have has putting CB in the NFL we don't have better success recruiting that position.

I like our class overall and think it will be another solid group of kids. Just would be nice to get one of those CB that can play from day 1 on campus.

It absolutely baffles me that we can't get high profile CB to come here. I like Mosley and think he will be a good one but I don't understand how with the success we have has putting CB in the NFL we don't have better success recruiting that position.

I like our class overall and think it will be another solid group of kids. Just would be nice to get one of those CB that can play from day 1 on campus.

Some people, myself included, think if Mosley can't get down the mental part he can.

Also if we can pull in Eric Lee in the 2015 class he is a 4* top15 CB.