SIGNED - OG Michael Decker

Mavric

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Had relatively minor shoulder surgery which is why he wasn't at the spring game. Kept giving him problems so they decided to fix it now.

Recovering well from surgery but only doing light lifting. Still plans to be fine when football season starts. Dislocated his shoulder during a workout and also did a little damage that the "cleaned out".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s usually a wide running lane or a clear opening to the end zone that makes a running back’s eyes pop.

But not always. Larry Martin laughs at the thought.
It came when Omaha North’s football coach gave record-breaking back Calvin Strong some news about lineman Michael Decker, Strong’s primary blocker.
Despite an injured shoulder, Decker was healthy enough to play in the season opener.
“I’ll never forget the look on Calvin’s face when he heard that Michael was cleared,” Martin said. “If I remember right, I think Calvin jumped into Michael’s arms.”
The Nebraska recruit has anchored the left side of the Vikings’ line for the better part of three seasons, during which Strong has been rolling to a record-setting career. For a back like Strong, who needs very little to create a bunch, there’s earned confidence on that side of the line.

Link