Lincoln to get diverging diamond interchange

What the f#*k

Lincoln's civil engineers need to quit being cute and just do things simple and correct

Go read the LJS write up from a few days ago, diverging diamonds increase traffic flow and reduce crashes due to lane crossings. DERP.

We got much the same rah-rah speeches from LJS 'members' who just happened to sign up right about the time that Superior roundabout was rammed down our throats, who had all kinds of stats pimping the safety of roundabouts.

I'm sure new 'members' will join LJS to comment on their articles again, in support of this road feature. And that's all well and good, but none of these studies, nation- or world-wide, take into account the creature that is the Lincoln Driver.

They're putting up the coverings on the chain link fences (which is lulz in itself...talk about trailer trashing your attempt at making a nice, upscale looking circle) at 14th and Superior now, so you can't see the oncoming traffic in the circle as you approach it... Give it another year and they'll just tear it all out and put in stop lights again.

They're putting up the coverings on the chain link fences (which is lulz in itself...talk about trailer trashing your attempt at making a nice, upscale looking circle) at 14th and Superior now, so you can't see the oncoming traffic in the circle as you approach it... Give it another year and they'll just tear it all out and put in stop lights again.

I occasionally have to take this round-about, but remember last year it had all lanes open and they've suddenly gotten rid of the outside lanes? What's the reason for this?

It never used to get all that terribly backed up until they did that.

I occasionally have to take this round-about, but remember last year it had all lanes open and they've suddenly gotten rid of the outside lanes? What's the reason for this?

It never used to get all that terribly backed up until they did that.

They thought it would reduce the accidents

The only 2 or 3 times I've driven the round-about I've almost been side swiped by the person in the outside lane because they fail to realize they must maintain lane integrity. One of them was a semi, needless to say that was an interesting experience.

It wasn't an issue with it getting backed up or anything like that. Lincoln drivers literally couldn't figure out how to properly navigate around it without getting into accidents. They weren't getting, among other things, that interior lanes could be exiting or continuing on. So they simplified it by blocking off some of the lanes.

It does back up more now, no question. And it'll only get worse now since they've put the coverings on the chain link fences. Lincoln drivers approach roundabouts in the complete opposite fashion they're meant to. Drivers here approach circles with the idea that they will HAVE to stop, rather than how you should, which is that you will NOT have to stop. So these fences obstruct your view of oncoming traffic until you're right at the circle itself, which will only encourage these morons to approach the circle like they will be stopping no matter what.

I've never seen a city that is so idiotic in terms of traffic planning, and when you couple that with the horrible nature of Lincoln drivers, it's what makes driving in this city a complete disaster.

Edit - And I've said this before in the other thread, but what makes that roundabout project so goddamn annoying is that the intersection didn't need anything like that. They completely pissed everyone's money away on a useless project that 95% of Lincoln drivers will never be able to navigate and that wasn't necessary in the first place.