Former Husker Todd Peat Jr. slams signing day hype

For his thoughts, here are literally hundreds who feel the absolute opposite about Bo and staff. Says this is nothing moe than a young man who wasnt man enough to take advantage of a tremendous opportuniy and is now grasping for someone or something to blame.

Yes, they are the ones that took Bo and Co's advice and instruction on what they needed to do. Peat had every chance to put himself in a place to succeed here. He didn't do what he needed to.

Agreed. I have heard the same things most have on this guy.

If he wants to bash our coach and program and our "system' (still trying to figure out whatever the hell that means), then maybe I'll come back with we only wanted his lazy ass to get to his brother.

For his thoughts, here are literally hundreds who feel the absolute opposite about Bo and staff. Says this is nothing moe than a young man who wasnt man enough to take advantage of a tremendous opportuniy and is now grasping for someone or something to blame.

Yes, they are the ones that took Bo and Co's advice and instruction on what they needed to do. Peat had every chance to put himself in a place to succeed here. He didn't do what he needed to.

If he wants to bash our coach and program and our "system' (still trying to figure out whatever the hell that means), then maybe I'll come back with we only wanted his lazy ass to get to his brother.

Edit- No idea how to embed tweets and the twitter 'embed tweet' thing wasn't working, but this is what he said.

I do not blame Nebraska, Bo Pelini, or anybody but myself for my lack of success. I just want to bring light to some important issues.

Idk. Doesn't sound like this is about Nebraska or Bo. I think by 'system' he means more of the business side of college football, not Nebraska's system/scheme and how he fit in it.

• Fire 1

Edit- No idea how to embed tweets and the twitter 'embed tweet' thing wasn't working, but this is what he said.

I do not blame Nebraska, Bo Pelini, or anybody but myself for my lack of success. I just want to bring light to some important issues.

Idk. Doesn't sound like this is about Nebraska or Bo. I think by 'system' he means more of the business side of college football, not Nebraska's system/scheme and how he fit in it.

i agree. i think it all ended being a bad experience for him because he was not personally ready to handle the situation and now he wants to warn other young men entering the "system."

Todd Peat Jr@toddpeatjr 5h

When I was let go by Nebraska, it was over the phone by a football personnel guy, not in person by a head coach.

Todd Peat Jr@toddpeatjr 6h

I haven't heard a word from anybody at Nebraska since I left. About anything. Take heed.

Another word of advice, make your decision with your head, not your heart, you may think these coaches care about you but they don't.

@Skurlover Ask Bo Pelini if he knows what Todd Peat is doing with his life.

These were tweets made an hour or more before the ones you mentioned, which by the way, he had not made (or at least I hadnt seen yet) by the time I made my statement. Hence, this is ALL about Nebraska, and was from the get go. Like I've said. He's a whiner that doesnt want to hold himself accountable for pissing away a fabulous opportunity. He just wants someone else to point the finger at instead of pointing the thumb. Did we really release him or did he just leave on his own? Was he released from the team, and if so, was he allowed to at least retain his scholarship?

Nobody forced him to be a potential top college football player. He needs to quit playing the sympathy card as if someone forced all that "hype" and "pressure" on to him. Pardon the language and harshness, but he's being a little bitch.

those tweets, while whiny and misdirected, are not him blaming others. just upset that the reality did not meet his expectations. i am not sure why he expected bo to continue a relationship after he transferred, but i do not see him blaming others for his choices or failures. and i am sure the coaches sell them on lifetime relationships and caring about the person as much as the player and he probably wishes he had more help because he obviously needs it right now. although, i still think it is misdirected to be upset with the coaches and school.

So the guy's just jonesing for attention I guess. Why doesn't he stage a hat choosing ceremony with Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, and Nutrisystem. Maybe Marie Osmond and Terry Bradshaw will host it if they can find anyone who gives a damn.

I find it hard to believe NU would just cut somebody loose without honoring the schollie if they were on the physically unable to play list. Well, unless you count Tyler Moore's chronic blue balls as an injury. :cry

• Fire 1

he's blaming a system, by claiming that the "system keeps the best players from playing", insinuating that he was the best player and never got to play-blaming the system.

seems like the system is the rankings and hype machine. he might be referring to underrated players that never get a chance. i really do not know what he is talking about. his talk about "the system" is pretty cryptic. so i am willing to concede he is blaming something other than himself. but i just feel bad for the young man because things did not work out for him and he never got to use his talent as he could have, even if the result was his own fault. it is just too bad to see.

he's blaming a system, by claiming that the "system keeps the best players from playing", insinuating that he was the best player and never got to play-blaming the system.

seems like the system is the rankings and hype machine. he might be referring to underrated players that never get a chance. i really do not know what he is talking about. his talk about "the system" is pretty cryptic. so i am willing to concede he is blaming something other than himself. but i just feel bad for the young man because things did not work out for him and he never got to use his talent as he could have, even if the result was his own fault. it is just too bad to see.

Well I agree there. it is a shame. It's always a shame when someone fails to take advantage of opportunities in the world. how many people in the world are not or have not taken advantage of a tremendous skill of theirs, whether it be known or unknown? Pretty sure I have. But i'm not taking to twitter blaming someone or some system (glad we seem to be on the same page of confusion in regards to whatever the hell this means). I'm putting on my big boy pants every morning and scraping by, day after day. Reeping what I sewed. One step after another. I think he should try to do the same.

Also, there's a great many signees today relishing the attention and hype that they have 100% earned, and deserve, and will run with it to great heights of success, whether it be athletically or academically. And for him to attempt to rob any quantity of that attention with his little cry fest is also shameful.

And also, his brother-separated by one measly year-went to Stanford. STANFORD. Let's think about that one.

Also, there's a great many signees today relishing the attention and hype that they have 100% earned, and deserve, and will run with it to great heights of success, whether it be athletically or academically. And for him to attempt to rob any quantity of that attention with his little cry fest is also shameful.

i agree with everything you said. but i also think some of the things he said needs to be heard by young recruits. i could see how it would be easy to get wrapped up in all the hype and attention, let your ego grow out of control, lose focus, and flame out.

i agree with everything you said. but i also think some of the things he said needs to be heard by young recruits. i could see how it would be easy to get wrapped up in all the hype and attention, let your ego grow out of control, lose focus, and flame out.

Yeah, I see it that way too. I'll agree with that. But I dont want to concede that that's what it was all about with his deal from the get go. It started out as about Bo and Nebraska, but he seemed to backtrack later on and made about the bigger picture-probably because the twitterites began to show up in droves to defend our program and coach against a former bitter player. It's just the way I'm interpretting the whole thing.

basically, he made some good points, but I dont think his initial intentions were of that. They were of bitterness and disappointment and blame.

He's still playing. He can get his fat ass in the gym and work harder to get another D1 scholarship but instead he's 345 fat and slow. Don't feel bad for him, he has another chance and it looks like to me like he's not doing a damn thing about it.

Watch the film I posted above if anyone disagrees with my assessment. Very very slow off the snap, and looks every bit of 345. He tweets that he is looking or another school meaning he wants to go back up to BCS but it looks like he hasn't learned a thing from his mistake. Instead bitches about it on twitter.