RB Paul Lucas [Oregon State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

I'd have to check to be sure but I think this they played Bishop Gorman (Nick Gates) in the first game of the year last year on ESPN. I was VERY impressed. Has great shiftiness and blazing speed.

I'm sure we're looking to use him in the slot as well - just like a couple other undersized RBs we've offered.

I'd have to check to be sure but I think this they played Bishop Gorman (Nick Gates) in the first game of the year last year on ESPN. I was VERY impressed. Has great shiftiness and blazing speed.

I'm sure we're looking to use him in the slot as well - just like a couple other undersized RBs we've offered.

Yes it's definitely him. You can see the Bishop Gorman field in a few of the highlights . Only played one season of varsity ball. His running style reminds me of Braylon Heard the way he runs square to the line and up on his toes...

As a sophomore:

Paul Lucas loves to race. It doesn’t matter when or where and against whom. He’ll take on anybody, any time.

Saturday, the Mountain Pointe sophomore lived up to the hype, racing like his life depended on it, outdueling Phoenix Brophy Prep senior Devon Allen for the Division I 100-meter dash championship.

He later took the 400 championship and got edged at the end by Allen in the 200 final.

Lucas’ 100 time of 10.44 seconds was the fifth-fastest for a high-school sprinter in Arizona all-time.

LINK

WANT

• 2 weeks later...

Wisconsin fan here. I've been posting about Lucas for a while on one of the Badger boards hoping that someone takes notice. Unfortunately, no offer from UW yet.

I think this kid will be a real stud at the next level. He ran 10.44 as an undeveloped sophomore. More impressive than the 10.44 is he never ran slower than 10.68. He's put on 18 lbs this year after starting weight training, and he's already a bit faster than he was at this time last year (10.52 in his second meet). I think he'll get in to the low 10.3s, maybe high 10.2 this year. Then he has another year. I think he'll come into college as blazing fast 190 lbs back. Maybe like a CJ Spiller - probably not the acceleration, but better top speed.

Assuming, UW doesn't get him, I'd be happy to see him go to the Nebraska. At least I could watch him on BTN, and I can say "told you so" when he tears up the Badgers D.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Arizona State lean but no favorites listed yet.

Ran 10.41 in the 100 meters, 20.84 in the 200 and 46.86 in the 400. Would have won the Class A 100 by 0.4 seconds (an eternity in sprinting), the 200 by over 1 second and the 400 by over 2 seconds had he been in Nebraska.

Arizona State lean but no favorites listed yet.

Ran 10.41 in the 100 meters, 20.84 in the 200 and 46.86 in the 400. Would have won the Class A 100 by 0.4 seconds (an eternity in sprinting), the 200 by over 1 second and the 400 by over 2 seconds had he been in Nebraska.

Arizona HS state records are 100 (10.33), 200 (20.22) and 400 (46.47). Looks like he was a shade behind each, but still, good for him.
  • 6 months later...