Welcome to Coach Watson!!!

I think its great that we can get a guy like this to fill in as a position coach. He was offered the OC at Cal and turned it down to be TE coach here, I think that says a lot for our program and these coaches.

I have heard a lot of CU fans say they didn't like him as an OC, which doesn't bother me at all. First of all, who care what those stupid Buff fans think anyway :) JK JK Second, anyone that has been an OC and is then offered more OC jobs by a very well respected coach (Tedford) must be a pretty darn good coach.

LJS story says he won't take over as RC, does this mean it's probably between Busch or Blake to become the new recruiting cord?

YES!!! This is a great hire....

If you put this into perspective. Cal wanted this guy as OC. Chuck Long wanted this guy as OC. And we landed him as a position coach. Fantastic news!!

With Coach Coz staying and now coach Watson jumping on board, seems like these coaches know something about next season....hmmmm...... :)

This guy is definetly an upgrade to Downing. No disrespect intended towards downing but i love what Watson brings to the table. Keep in mind guys that this is the guy that called the plays in 2001 that destroyed us in Boulder and began our slide towards medicority. He was the guy that exposed us back then and now hopefully he is one of the guys who helps us with the rebound.

If you put this into perspective. Cal wanted this guy as OC.

I wouldnt blow that out of proportion. Tedford calls all the plays, so the OC title at Cal would have been in name only.

Why are you so damn negitive about anything that happens to this school?

I trust this is a good hire. Welcome coach Watson anything that FF posts just ignore it.

If you put this into perspective. Cal wanted this guy as OC.

I wouldnt blow that out of proportion. Tedford calls all the plays, so the OC title at Cal would have been in name only.

Kind of like what Solich did with Cotton. :thumbs

Yeah, pretty much :wtf

Like norvell, too.

Why are you so damn negitive about anything that happens to this school?

I didnt realize that pointing out the fact that he wouldnt be calling plays (Cal), thus the OC was in name only is negative.

The only thing negative is you constantly taking pot shots at me.

I trust this is a good hire.

Seems like he is a perfect match for this staff :rickjames

He said Barnett pointed him to Nebraska as he spent the last week trying to make a decision.

"Gary's words for me last night were, 'You want to wake up every morning at a place where football is important, where winning is important, and where they walk the walk,'" said Watson, who was among the assistants not retained when Dan Hawkins took over as Colorado head coach. "And Nebraska is the place."

Omaha.com : NU snags Buffs' coordinator

Allbuffs.com should have some "great" things to say about this....since anyone serving under Barnett was obviously a complete idiot :sarcasm ...I hate that board.

As far as FormerFan goes, he is generally not negative. His comments are just underhanded. He reminds me of Ray's mother on Everybody Loves Raymond.

Take all his comments with a grain of salt, and move along. I would however like to think that he is a fan, albeit a cynical (sp?) one.