QB Tommy Stevens [Penn State Commit]

Not that it matters now with the Dillman situation seeming to escalate, Stevens will be in Chicago for their Elite 11 camp...as previously stated.

Well, as Mav stated, we are also looking at Stevens at safety, so no matter how it plays out with Dillman, Stevens could still be in play.

He very well could be in play still. Could be that second QB that can move if need be.

Would we do that this year with such a small class and with doing it last year?

Not that it matters now with the Dillman situation seeming to escalate, Stevens will be in Chicago for their Elite 11 camp...as previously stated.

Well, as Mav stated, we are also looking at Stevens at safety, so no matter how it plays out with Dillman, Stevens could still be in play.

He very well could be in play still. Could be that second QB that can move if need be.

Would we do that this year with such a small class and with doing it last year?

Its debatable but I lean towards it not happening. Personally think if we get Dillman, Stevens goes to Sparty.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/542690/highlights/26283378

OK, I think this is my favorite recruit out of the QBs we're in on. I hope we can land him.

I really, really like the way he throws on the run. All that moving the pocket and throwing on the rollout reminds me of what Derek Carr was doing to us in 2011. He improvises while keeping his eyes downfield...my kinda quarterback. And to single out a few plays from the highlight tape...

1:22, love the way he finishes that run.

2:04, very nice escape in the pocket and he hits his man downfield. awesome!

2:16, looks for the checkdown, it's not there, dances halfway around the field, then uses a pump to keep both options alive before ending up with a nice gain.

Some zone read and QB keepers here, too. Is he really 6'4? He looks like he has that nose for running you want out of a true dual threat QB, but he moves in the pocket like a capable pocket passer. I really like everything he brings to the table and think he'd fit into the visions we have for our Nebraska offense perfectly. Do NOT understand why he's not highly rated, but that's why they pay the experts to do it and not some guy who's watched maybe four highlight tapes from this year. :P

Still -- I really, really hope we make a hard push for this guy.

• 1 month later...

• 5 months later...