What if you could re-name yourself?

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In all seriousness,

the first messageboard I ever joined was a Final Fantasy site called ffshrine and even at a young age I realized the lameness of having a generic username referencing whatever the board subject matter is. So I thought about it for a day or two and came up with Landlord of Sector 7 (a location in one of the FF games). Later got invited to the gmail beta and shortened it to LandlordOS7 for an email, and it's just stuck around since.

When I joined Huskerboard I wanted to keep it just for the sake of consistency but also thought I could make it Nebraska-related, and here we are.

I used to love ffshrine.

In all seriousness,

the first messageboard I ever joined was a Final Fantasy site called ffshrine and even at a young age I realized the lameness of having a generic username referencing whatever the board subject matter is. So I thought about it for a day or two and came up with Landlord of Sector 7 (a location in one of the FF games). Later got invited to the gmail beta and shortened it to LandlordOS7 for an email, and it's just stuck around since.

When I joined Huskerboard I wanted to keep it just for the sake of consistency but also thought I could make it Nebraska-related, and here we are.

I used to love ffshrine.

Nice. I may have had an integral role of it's downward decline... oops.

In all seriousness,

I used to love ffshrine.

Nice. I may have had an integral role of it's downward decline... oops.

My first foray into coding was in middle school when I designed a fan site for FF7. Hosted it on geocities.

And what did you do to ffshrine?

And what did you do to ffshrine?

Well. ffshrine was a pretty unique atmosphere - especially when the new owner Sarah (at the time Nick, a man, who went through a sex change) took over. The core group of users and the the posting environment (although ffshrine was a forum the activity and culture primarily surrounded their IRC chat room) ended up having hardly anything whatsoever to do with final fantasy and actually looked a lot closer to a reddit or 4chan type of culture. Along the way this guy named garamond came into the picture, and had the strangest online persona I've ever seen (not similar to, but along the same line as tuff_tiger), and over the course of a few years most all of the regulars formed a little sub-clique that was fairly hostile towards Sarah and her, for lack of a better term, lackeys, and we stuck around for a while longer but mostly only to cause problems.

Oh and I also was an admin of an FF site that branched off and took a bunch of users with it as well.

Just an incredibly weird and unhealthy (and a bit oppressive), yet diverse and fascinating culture.