An Open Letter to Kain Colter

Landlord

I just got off the phone with a member of the school board of the high school I played for. You know, they charged 5 bucks a person to watch me play football there for 3 years. I demand retribution.

And this is an even more severe situation, because I'm not getting anything to begin with, like a 5 figure/education.

So where does it stop?

When you ask "where does it stop" you are wondering how to set limits in the market. Generally the market does that buy itself.

I could ask the reverse questions to Jim Delaney. You already get televised on espn and now you want your own cable channel? Why being dominant in the Midwest do you want to annex part of the East coast? $20 million per school? Don't you think at some point you have made enough money?

I view the college athletics model evolved as a "pay your dues" type of thing where the young man is expected to support the operation in his apprentice years before getting his payday. The problem is that most of them never will get that, and there is too much pay for non-athletes in the meantime.

When you ask "where does it stop" you are wondering how to set limits in the market. Generally the market does that buy itself.

I could ask the reverse questions to Jim Delaney. You already get televised on espn and now you want your own cable channel? Why being dominant in the Midwest do you want to annex part of the East coast? $20 million per school? Don't you think at some point you have made enough money?

I view the college athletics model evolved as a "pay your dues" type of thing where the young man is expected to support the operation in his apprentice years before getting his payday. The problem is that most of them never will get that, and there is too much pay for non-athletes in the meantime.

Too much pay for non-athletes?

You mean like the kids there on academic scholarship?

Wait no that is not what you mean.