N-2007.gif

Player: Latravis Washington

Hometown: Bradenton, FL

Position: QB/DB

Height: 6’3”

Weight: 200

40 time: 4.68

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Auburn, LSU, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Colorado, Ohio St., North Carolina, Michigan St.

Favorites: Signed with Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #39 / :star:star:star

Bid Red Report:NR/ :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Washington threw for 600 yards and 4 touchdowns and rushed for 800 yards and 9 scores

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 80% He made a trip to Lincoln last year for a football camp. Grades

Latravis Washington

DB 6-3 210 Brandenton, Fla. - Bayshore HS

“That’s what I like...no distractions. I also love the city of Lincoln. They enjoy their football there. Its not like the state of Florida where every person roots for a different team. Everybody in Nebraska loves the Cornhuskers.”

But NU does have the family connection. Works both ways sometimes though!

LaTravis Washington, the cousin of former Husker Fabian Washington. He'll be here in the summer again.

Just got done watching video and I would perfer him over Bates any day. Great up side. Great potential at QB but could move positions if needed. Just an overall Great athlete.

hello, scout as a teaser on washington, & his possible verbal sooner than later to his top school:

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=522...2%2f522289.html

p.s. I think that l washington will verbal to NU as a safety, because of his size, athleticism, & because of NU's great need for safeties, & a great chance of early playing time at the s position, plus f washington can give great insight of the db position at NU, & what the coaches need from their db's in technique, schemes, ect...

This guy and Thigpen are 2 that are N, in my mind...they are sure commits in other words if you ask me, but they are waiting around seeing what else comes up and making sure they are making the right decision. Both will be nice pickups. :thumbs

if he does add 10-20 lbs and keeps his speed he will still be a good QB prospect

I am one that still wants to give him a shot at QB if/when he gets to lincoln even though we are recruiting him at safety...I just got a feeling, that him having Fabian's blood he will be electrifying and could be one bad mofo as a mobile QB...

Guest greenbayhusker

Husker Journal

This may be old news, but some of the information shocked me! It seems like our competition will be Virginia, as he says he doesn't want to play in Florida (Miami (FL) has offered him a scholarship)! He seems to like us but maybe he's holding back about Virginia since they haven't offered him a scholarship yet! Either way, I sure hope we're recruiting him hard!

:restore

if he does add 10-20 lbs and keeps his speed he will still be a good QB prospect

I am one that still wants to give him a shot at QB if/when he gets to lincoln even though we are recruiting him at safety...I just got a feeling, that him having Fabian's blood he will be electrifying and could be one bad mofo as a mobile QB...

with the poor success of recruiting qbs, he would have a great shot at playing. not enough speed to play safety.

Scholarships offered: Auburn, LSU, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Colorado, Ohio St., North Carolina, Michigan St.

Favorites: Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:NR/ :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Washington threw for 600 yards and 4 touchdowns and rushed for 800 yards and 9 scores

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 35%

Still think we should be recruiting him as a QB. Just imagine him with all that athleticism AND a few years of being coached by BC and Co.

Droooooooool.

Still think we should be recruiting him as a QB. Just imagine him with all that athleticism AND a few years of being coached by BC and Co.

Droooooooool.

not accurate enough. hes got the throwing power though.

That is an impressive tape. A man among boys.

Makes me want him as a QB even more.

He does look pretty fast compared to everyone else on the field. Hope we don't lose out on him if we don't recruit him as a QB.

That is an impressive tape.  A man among boys.

Makes me want him as a QB even more.

He does look pretty fast compared to everyone else on the field. Hope we don't lose out on him if we don't recruit him as a QB.

From what I've read, that's not a deal-breaker for him. He seems willing to play anywhere.

I'm just intrigued by the idea of him getting a couple of years of tutelage under BC and Norvell, as well as a couple of years in our strength program.

Now, nobody compares to Vince Young, but he could be a pretty decent imitation...

pretty impressive, but i wouldnt say vince young'ish. He seems like a great athlete, I loved how when he was running he just seemed to run through other people like a hot knife through butter. I want to give the kid a chance to play QB for us, but i always hate wasting a project year. then finding out he needs to be at a different position, ala Leon Jackson. Of course it works both ways though.

Good video!

hello, on his highlight video, he seems to like to throw the 10 yrd hook w/ regularity - I wish that the video would show him hitting his wr's in stride, rather then when they are stationary targets, yet his ability to run w/ quickness & some force are traits that will/should be greatly utilized at the safety position

p.s. his qb camp at NU was good, yet his prospects at another position may be fabulous!

Its between us and Ohio State, it appears.

We are recruiting him as a strong safety, which he says he prefers, while OSU is recruiting him as a a QB (looking for another Troy Smith?).

He does say that we are at the top of the list, and that Lincoln "feels like home".

I think we are going to get this guy. Imagine in a couple of years, after he puts on 15 lbs or so AND improves his speed - SICK.

Imagine in a couple of years, after he puts on 15 lbs or so AND improves his speed - SICK.

Yes indeed. There are several players that are on the verge of committing that havent yet. Lets hope that they do soon, and stick to their commitment.

I remember reading that he has good "football speed" ,

anymore people are trained to run a good 40 and that doesn't always translate to the field. If he ran a REAL 4.68 that isn't too shabby of a start, some time here(NU) and i am sure we could shave .10 off. Back in high school i knew a guy who cut his 40 down .15 just by stretching seriously and often.

Besides, he is getting some attention from some big teams, so there must be something to his skills.

His forty time is a little slow for what I would like to have at safety but that is not enough for me to say that I don't want us to recruit him.

Fooey on that.....That's a legit time from a Nike Camp. That is fast.

Mike Brown, NU All-American, came to Nebraska sporting a 4.81 40 time

I have hear recently that he is becoming very close to commiting. There is almost no doubt that it will be us. Ohio State among other big names are behind us but we seem to be far and away his leader. We are recruiting him to play safety- a position he feels his future is brightest at.

I really have to question the validity of all the recruits running 4.4 and 4.5 40's. Then you look at times from the NFL combines and far less run that speed.

For sure, there all ballooned. Some are legit, but you want to try and find numbers that were taken at camps. You'll see many times the kids are running 4.75's and 4.68's when they were telling everyone 4.4...

Certainly take all 40 times with a grain of salt.

I really have to question the validity of all the recruits running 4.4 and 4.5 40's. Then you look at times from the NFL combines and far less run that speed.

For sure, there all ballooned. Some are legit, but you want to try and find numbers that were taken at camps. You'll see many times the kids are running 4.75's and 4.68's when they were telling everyone 4.4...

Certainly take all 40 times with a grain of salt.

I agree, they may have ran a 4.4 once in their live, on a downhill track with a 20 mph tailwind. I'm not looking for what they did once in their life, I want to see consistency. If the recruit runs a consistent 4.65 then so be it. 40 times don't really mean crap, but I don't like seeing an inflated time either.

Just a matter of time for Washington?

By Rick Shaw, HuskersIllustrated.com Staff Writer – Rivals.com

Latravis Washington isn't quite ready to finalize his college decision. But, for the 6-foot-3, 210-pound quarterback/safety prospect out of Bradenton (Fla.) Bayshore, one team will be awfully hard to beat. The blue-chipper from the Sunshine State recently scheduled his first visit of the recruiting process. Which school will be first to host him on campus?

"I'm going up to Nebraska for their game against Missouri the first weekend of November (11/3)," Washington said. "That will be my first official visit and that's the only one I have set in stone right now."

"I traveled to Florida A&M this past weekend on an unofficial visit. I have some friends there that I wanted to go visit, so it was just kind of a chance to get away."

ADVERTISEMENT

Though Washington holds scholarship offers from a number of colleges from across the nation, the University of Nebraska still sits alone, atop his leader board.

"Nebraska is, of course, still recruiting me hard," Washington said. "In fact, I just was talking to coach (Phil) Elmassian last night. Ohio State hasn't been talking to me as much lately but I have been getting a lot of attention from West Virginia, Louisville, North Carolina State, Auburn, Alabama and Illinois. All of those schools have offered me."

From the quarterback position, Washington has thrown for around 360 yards and four touchdowns this fall. He's also run for another 260 yards and three scores, despite missing an entire game with an ankle injury.

Despite his success as a quarterback, however, Washington said he believes his ultimate future is on the other side of the ball.

"I have three interceptions as a part time safety this fall," Washington said. "When I think about the future, I see myself as a strong safety."

"Quarterback is the most fun position...it is...but I want to be one of the greats. I've got goals for college and after college."

When asked to name his top schools, Washington said that Ohio State and West Virginia are right behind the Huskers. Both of those schools are recruiting the Florida gunslinger for his abilities as a quarterback, whereas Nebraska projects him to play on defense.