Chatelain: Have to Know Both Bos to Know the Whole Story

It seems funny to me, as I was far more anti Bo last year and the years before, but for some reason this year, after the bowl game, I think the light truly came on for him. A lot to learn for a first time head coach, some learn faster than others, and some are slightly more stubborn. Maybe Bo fits the latter.

But I am staying positive this year, just no blow outs and I will be happy I think. Play like Nebraska, every game, every minute, till the very end.

It seems funny to me, as I was far more anti Bo last year and the years before, but for some reason this year, after the bowl game, I think the light truly came on for him. A lot to learn for a first time head coach, some learn faster than others, and some are slightly more stubborn. Maybe Bo fits the latter.

But I am staying positive this year, just no blow outs and I will be happy I think. Play like Nebraska, every game, every minute, till the very end.

Every coach has that "line in the sand" moment/season as I like to say. Devaney had one. Hell, Osborne had two. Solich had one, but never got the legit opportunity to work off of his. We dont talk about Callahan here (unless of course we credit all of Bo's success in his first 4 years to Callahan's recruiting, LOL) So I really think Bo had his last year. Not only with the win/loss columns, but with all the stuff the went on off the field as well. And I even think it goes to him daring the admin to be fired and yet still kept his job. I really think that move made him really open up the heart a little and say "hey, this place really does trust me. They really ARE behind me". So I think that's also got a lot to do with him opening up and laying back some. People standing behind him after all that happened last year like they are can really trigger a lot of faith in something.

• Fire 2

See I don't get all the anti Bo or for Bo stuff. I am not sure I am either. He is the FB coach at Nebraska and that is that. Yes, I wish we would have won a CC or 2 by now, but I guess I think it is a lot harder to win and win consistently in college football that it ever has been for any school.

We are so used to seeing Nebraska win and win big and consistently for such a long time I just think some feel it is really not that tough. Well it is tough. From 1969 till 2001 Nebraska never won less than 9 games in a season. No other team had that model of consistency over such a long period.

I hope we have a great year and get over the hump this year. But, it is completely possible that NU could go 11-1 or 10-2 and not make it to the CC game. So then what, is the year a failure?

Until BP is fired or moves on I will support him. Then when the next coach comes in I will support him.

See I don't get all the anti Bo or for Bo stuff. I am not sure I am either. He is the FB coach at Nebraska and that is that. Yes, I wish we would have won a CC or 2 by now, but I guess I think it is a lot harder to win and win consistently in college football that it ever has been for any school.

We are so used to seeing Nebraska win and win big and consistently for such a long time I just think some feel it is really not that tough. Well it is tough. From 1969 till 2001 Nebraska never won less than 9 games in a season. No other team had that model of consistency over such a long period.

Exactly

The main difference is you wanted him as the head coach, and I never wanted him as the head coach. Deep rooted reasons. An immense dislike for him while he was at Oklahoma for some of the things he did or tried to do. Only a few people are aware of those things, and I do not discuss them.

Other reasons, is he was not qualified, had a problem controlling his temper, had never been a head coach, and really was never a true DC, co at Oklahoma and Les kinda did what he does with JP.

But time has erased some of the warts for me. He is vastly better at running the program than I ever expected. Keeping the standards for the kids has been impressive to say the least. I expected nothing but trouble from the NCAA. But I could not have been more wrong on him in the things that truly matter. I expected his outbursts, he had done them before. Four letter words are way of life for some people. The ABC's of the Marine Corps.

I think he is a good guy, just not quite as fluffy around the edges as some want.

I can live with it. I was one of the first to defend him when we got the Fbomb tape.

But as I stated in another post, there are always two sides to every story. He has done the things that are important for me.

I do not blindly follow as some on this board do. I look at things and change my mind on merit, accomplishments. Not on wins and losses.

It took a long time for me to possibly see the real Bo. I recently spoke with Taylor, who actually seems to adore Bo, a father figure it sounds like. These kids see him on a daily basis, we hear what others think, but they seem to love him. There is no way all those kids can be fooled. He is the real deal, just stop the blow outs and he can stay forever as far as I am concerned. I was180 the opposite for most of his time here so far.

The main difference is you wanted him as the head coach, and I never wanted him as the head coach. Deep rooted reasons. An immense dislike for him while he was at Oklahoma for some of the things he did or tried to do. Only a few people are aware of those things, and I do not discuss them.

Other reasons, is he was not qualified, had a problem controlling his temper, had never been a head coach, and really was never a true DC, co at Oklahoma and Les kinda did what he does with JP.

But time has erased some of the warts for me. He is vastly better at running the program than I ever expected. Keeping the standards for the kids has been impressive to say the least. I expected nothing but trouble from the NCAA. But I could not have been more wrong on him in the things that truly matter. I expected his outbursts, he had done them before. Four letter words are way of life for some people. The ABC's of the Marine Corps.

I think he is a good guy, just not quite as fluffy around the edges as some want.

I can live with it. I was one of the first to defend him when we got the Fbomb tape.

But as I stated in another post, there are always two sides to every story. He has done the things that are important for me.

I do not blindly follow as some on this board do. I look at things and change my mind on merit, accomplishments. Not on wins and losses.

It took a long time for me to possibly see the real Bo. I recently spoke with Taylor, who actually seems to adore Bo, a father figure it sounds like. These kids see him on a daily basis, we hear what others think, but they seem to love him. There is no way all those kids can be fooled. He is the real deal, just stop the blow outs and he can stay forever as far as I am concerned. I was180 the opposite for most of his time here so far.

What you are referencing about when he was at OU I have a hard time believing now due to the way he handled getting kids here the first few years a head coach. It would have been a complete 180 from previous behavior.

What you are referencing about when he was at OU I have a hard time believing now due to the way he handled getting kids here the first few years a head coach. It would have been a complete 180 from previous behavior.

With all due respect, Petersen deserved it.

Pederson half-assed Bo's interview for sure. But I find it odd he would portray that behavior at another school then completely change his ways and philosophy when he was handed the keys.

Pederson half-assed Bo's interview for sure. But I find it odd he would portray that behavior at another school then completely change his ways and philosophy when he was handed the keys.

No, I agree. But i'm not gonna discount that he may have tried to sway-or did sway-a particular prospect or two. Not Marrowlike, where he tried to homewreck the entire class.