Tommy Armstrong (and past NU QBs) - which "level" are they?

Reading an article about Oklahoma QB Trevor Knight, and in it the writer hypothesizes four "levels" of quarterback.

Screencapped them because I couldn't get it to format for crap.

hbderp1_zps62e80e8e.pnghbderp2_zpsec5f4a82.png

So as we head into 2014, in your estimation which "level" best describes Tommy Armstrong? (And since it's the offseason, apply this to past Husker QBs.)

I think as of right now he falls into the 1st category, but I think he can become either a System QB or a Transecendent talent. Obviously he was green last year, maybe didnt quite take the job seriously enough with Tmart in front of him. But I think he has 3 options, fit the mold of the offense, Become elite, or fail to live up to what we expect of a QB. I doubt he fails, and I personally see his progess being a little inbetween the second and 4th category.

As to previous QBs I disagree about Crouch I think he was an obvious 4, did things almost never seen before or since. Just an insane athlete. Same goes for Tommy Frazier. Some 2s are Zac Lee, Joe Ganz, and maybe Scott Frost (maybe a 3 guy).

i am pretty excited to see tommy back on the field. i think he has a ton of upside. i expect him to start at the glove next season.

I don't recognize any legitimacy with these odd levels this guy came up with, but you're saying that he'll be comparable to Sam Bradford or Tim Tebow? :P

I don't recognize any legitimacy with these odd levels this guy came up with, but you're saying that he'll be comparable to Sam Bradford or Tim Tebow? :P

i do not know. i mean, i think he is more than a system qb because he has a broader skill set than that. i would say within the context of husker football he could be considered as the glove. given the guy's own standards, i would think tim tebow would have been transcendent and bradford could have been a system qb (just a transcendent one).

so, i guess i see your point.

Yea the use of the term "levels" doesnt really make sense. It makes it seem like Andrew Luck is a better QB than Eric Crouch by 2 levels, or better than Vince Young who was pretty incredible when they tailored the system to his strengths, which is exactly what Texas AM did with Johnny "douchebag" Football.

Maybe he should've used a different term than "levels," maybe "categories" or something would've been better.

But then what even is the point of the article? All he is saying is that some quarterbacks are different than others with varying skillsets. Wowzers - never knew that.