2014 Huskers - biggest question marks?

I looked up TA's numbers and compared them to TM's freshman year a couple of months ago. I don't remember the exact stats, but I do remember they were fairly comparable in terms of completion percentage and TD/INT ratio. IIRC, TM's TD/INT ratio was a bit better, but, he also played in more games.

:confucius

Martinez - 116/196 - 59.2%, 1631 yds, 8.3 ypa, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 138.8 rating; 162 rush, 965 yds, 6.0 ypc, 12 TDs

Armstrong - 68/131 - 51.9%, 966 yds, 7.4 ypa, 9 TDs, 8 INTs, 124.3 rating; 67 rush, 202 yds, 3.0 ypc, 2 TDs

Martinez played in more games so the totals are higher but the completion percentage, ypa, rating, ypc and TDs/game are all strongly to Martinez. Only the TD/INT ratio is close, although still solidly in Martinez's favor.

Taylor's numbers through his first 7 games played, which lines up with Tommy's (don't count Penn State), and is also how many games he played healthy:

Martinez - 66/111 - 59.5%, 1,130 yards, 10.1 ypa, 8 TD, 3 INT, 159.6 rating; 100 carries, 870 yards, 8.7 ypc, 12 TDs

Armstrong - 68/131 - 51.9%, 966 yds, 7.4 ypa, 9 TDs, 8 INTs, 124.3 rating; 67 carries, 202 yds, 3.0 ypc, 2 TDs

• Fire 2

Does anyone take in the possibilities of Armstrong not exactly knowing the playbook/offense that well yet? The kid was in crutches for a bit during his Freshman year, stripping reps from the 2nd team, and quite possibly first team reps, while trying to understand defenses. There are so many variables to why he had mistakes. I guess I just love the kids demeanor and drive to win, with the skill sets he has shown. Sure he can improve in quite a few places, but he hasn't had an easy road here and being thrown into someone else' offense isn't exactly easy either.

I expect to see him and the WR's to have better communication, relationship and more trust, along with the OL.

Does anyone take in the possibilities of Armstrong not exactly knowing the playbook/offense that well yet? The kid was in crutches for a bit during his Freshman year, stripping reps from the 2nd team, and quite possibly first team reps, while trying to understand defenses. There are so many variables to why he had mistakes. I guess I just love the kids demeanor and drive to win, with the skill sets he has shown. Sure he can improve in quite a few places, but he hasn't had an easy road here and being thrown into someone else' offense isn't exactly easy either.

I expect to see him and the WR's to have better communication, relationship and more trust, along with the OL.

Exactly, I don't think Beck correctly called the offense under Armstrong passing wise. He clearly didn't know the hot routes with the receivers, passes would go one direction while the receiver would cut the other way. He should of used more of a screen/slant passing game with Armstrong instead.