Republicans suing Obama

3. This brings me to Luke's Golden Rule of Political Bias and Executive Authority: if you're only ok with a president exercising X power because you agree with him ideologically, you probably shouldn't support the president having that power, because in under 10 years, the other side is almost certainly going to get back in the White House.

Exactly. That's part of knapplc's List of Very Bad Things - Government Edition.

3. This brings me to Luke's Golden Rule of Political Bias and Executive Authority: if you're only ok with a president exercising X power because you agree with him ideologically, you probably shouldn't support the president having that power, because in under 10 years, the other side is almost certainly going to get back in the White House.

See Warfare, Drone for one example.

Where can I read Knapplc list of very bad things?? - sounds like a good read

A quick honest question. I do not plan to get into some internet tough guy posting battle, but I really want to know if the ardent Obama supporters feel a though he has over reached in some degree with his authority as it relates to the separation of powers with Congress enacting/enforcing law. Specifically, the changes in implementing the ACA, disregard of the INA, Welfare reform Act and Defense of Marriage Act. Not talking about "scandals", but actual laws he has changed without Congressional approval or blatant disregard in enforcing them. Has any president done executive decisions that so dramatically changed/effected law in your opinion. I realize he has "done less" , but have they been more impacting? Do you think this is acceptable?

If a R had done these things do you think it would cause more or less reaction? Would you still support these actions as acceptable un Bush?

Do you feel SCOTUS made the correct decision on the recess appointment decision? I am ASSuming no, as no one has commented.

Do I feel he has ever overreached? Sure he has.

Do I feel he is worse than anyone else? No.

If an "R" had done these things? Bush did it all the time. Clinton did too. I'm assuming it goes back further than that.

Every administration enforces laws differently/doesn't enforce certain laws. Is it right??? I'm not sure. But let's not pretend it is unique to Obama.

Isnt this flip flopping? As weren't you complaining about the Bush Administration about these very things?

Yeah I know you are now saying it is ok to do this cause you know everybody does it, when before it was more like Bush was evil and over stepped his authority look what happened in Iraq blah blah blah

You'll have to point to where where I said it was ok.

Has any other minority party ever been as butthurt as the current batch of Tea Party/Republicans?

*I'm asking for links, not just asking a rhetorical question*

Not that I know of and especially if we're comparing the scope and nature of their complaints to their histrionics.

Let me see I will google minority political parties being butthurt and see what happens. I am guessing it wont show things I can put on here without being kickoff out. How about instead you show me links to why you think that the repubs are more "butthurt" than any other minority party I am guessing all you will do is give me examples of them arguing the demos policies are bad, but not really give anything supporting your argument. Like why is it so good why are the repubs so wrong.

The same people who pay to hear Sarah Palin speak, who mega-ditto Rush Limbaugh and who continue to turn the channel to Fox are eating this stuff up. The Republicans have no reason not to sue at this point. Absurd as it is, there's no exposure to them in this political climate.

The Obama camp is scrambling to avert disaster related to this lawsuit. Clearly Boehner is on the right path here.

Boehner's actually being a fairly smart politician on this one. He's caught between the traditional role of leading the opposition, which he prefers, and the hard right wing of his conference. A lot of conservatives want him out as Speaker. Many of these same people want Obama impeached. He knows that's a nonstarter, and a politically damaging one for Republicans should they go forward with it. So he came up with this lawsuit. Assuming the case gets dismissed for lack of standing, he can say "well I tried" to his conservative wing, while the rest of the country forgets about it.