Nebraska getting contributions to facilities

you'd think boone pickens and that kind of money he could have just purchased the whole university of okie st. might be cheaper.

tell you what fellas after i win the lottery and take care of business ill drop a zillion dollars on memorial stadium. then im gonna put box seats on the east stadium and put another screen on the south side.

And buy a huge box for your HB bretheren? ;)

you'd think boone pickens and that kind of money he could have just purchased the whole university of okie st.  might be cheaper. 

tell you what fellas after i win the lottery and take care of business ill drop a zillion dollars on memorial stadium.  then im gonna put box seats on the east stadium and put another screen on the south side.

And buy a huge box for your HB bretheren? ;)

heh but if all of my HB bretheren are in the boxed seats who's gonna make all the crowd noise?

Bill Gates stole his ideas from Steve Jobs anyway.  :wacko:

Why can't Warren Buffet just donate a crap load of cash?

warren buffet probably doesnt like football. if he is going to donate anything it will probably go to creighton's overhyped basketball team(yippie :sarcasm )

not to stray, but speaking of Warren Buffett...

I don't know if he is a football fan or not but i recall some Husker Vision trash talking from Warren.

Forgive for the lack of details but a few years ago I went to a CU game in Boulder, maybe 1999 i think? it was before 2001. anyway, their little TV screens were making fun of the state of Nebraska (shocking, i know). showing how much better Colorado was because they have important things like ski resorts and Nebraska only has boring farmers providing the nation with food.

anyway, I think it was this that prompted NU to have their own sort of comeback the following year. Buffett was on the Husker Vision screens talking about how great the state of Nebraska was... then he went on to note how many Nebraska-based businesses were in the Fortune 500 or something or other. Then he adds: "I don't believe there were any from Colorado..." which brought some laughter from the Memorial Stadium crowd.

He was at least willing to do that small note for the University/football team. so I'd be a little surprised if he doesn't at least donate $omething.

Like i said in another thread and several people have said before, winning cures everything and once Nebraska goes back to beating the snot out of teams, the funds iwll come pouring in. It's sad that we can waste money on the basketball team and they flat out have sucked, and instead use the wasted money to go towards the project. In my opinion, another thing that would help fund raising is scheduling more and more teams like USC. People tend to give more money from what i can gather when we aren't playing patsies like Maine for example.

yep, we got to get over scheduling the patsies......we need to get some ACC, SCC schools lined up and get out of the ez mode start to the season.....this year with USC up front, is more like it.......playing better teams, even road games, will get us more TV exposure and exposure to areas where we want to recruit....it just makes sense to do it........

hunter

while i agree that if we won more we might get more funds, i think it is a bad way to look at it. I am guilty of the same thing sometimes, but this is our team, and its not like this will stay this way forever. We will return to the top, and we should support this project because it improves our university.

yep, we got to get over scheduling the patsies......we need to get some ACC, SCC schools lined up and get out of the ez mode start to the season.....this year with USC up front, is more like it.......playing better teams, even road games, will get us more TV exposure and exposure to areas where we want to recruit....it just makes sense to do it........

hunter

you mean SEC right?

while i agree that if we won more we might get more funds, i think it is a bad way to look at it. I am guilty of the same thing sometimes, but this is our team, and its not like this will stay this way forever. We will return to the top, and we should support this project because it improves our university.

It would be great not to schedule the weaker teams. But the fact of the matter is it is certainly possible to schedule yourself right out of post season play. That's just how college football works right now, as far as I'm concerned. Now, if the powers that be decide they should use a playoff and ditch most of pre-conference play, then so be it. Until then, the powder puff is going to be a part of most top Div 1A schedules IMO.

Not only that, getting higher caliber teams to sign up for a home and home with NU might be a bit tougher than, say, signing a Troy.

In the end it really comes down to dollars and cents, IMO. Gotta have the dough to run the Athetic Department.

hey, i am happy with having 2 puffs, 1 midrange, and 1 good non-confrence games each year. I would like to stay away from 1AA teams as much as possible. The more home games the better.

I would like to send a check to donate, the $50.00 I won from blueandehitebengi for the Alamo Bowl. Does anyone have the address that I could send it to???

I couldnt believe it he actually sent me a cashiers check, man of his word got to respect that, even if he is from PSU

Check this link out. link

You can send funds directly to the University at this address

Husker Nation Championship drive

117 South Stadium Drive

Lincoln, NE 68588-0154

Make check payable to University of Nebraska Foundation.

You may want to attach a letter with your name, address, phone number

You can call 1-800-8-BIG-RED for more information