recruiting views

I think this staff is doing an incredible job of locking down the top in-state talent. Just because other kids go to other schools on full-ride scholarships doesn't mean the have top-tier D1 talent that these NU coaches are looking to bring in. 2 straight years BC and staff have had no trouble getting the best players in this state to come here. If they're good enough and the need is there for the position they play, you can guarantee they will have an offer from the coaches. These coaches have an eagle eye for talent.

Dunno about that...Seth Olsen, Everidge, and Tarpenian (sp?) are 3 recent players that come to mind that NU could certainly use.

:dis

I think this staff is doing an incredible job of locking down the top in-state talent.  Just because other kids go to other schools on full-ride scholarships doesn't mean the have top-tier D1 talent that these NU coaches are looking to bring in.  2 straight years BC and staff have had no trouble getting the best players in this state to come here.  If they're good enough and the need is there for the position they play, you can guarantee they will have an offer from the coaches.  These coaches have an eagle eye for talent.

Dunno about that...Seth Olsen, Everidge, and Tarpenian (sp?) are 3 recent players that come to mind that NU could certainly use.

:dis

another "glass is half empty" post from former. FWIW everidge led his team to what bowl game?

Just asking how could Everidge help us? Do you think he is better than Taylor.

Cant compare him to Beck yet because of playing time.

Cant say that he is better than Taylor yet, the kids just a true frosh. At the very least, he has enough speed to play WR or DB, or he would add some quality depth at the QB position.

another "glass is half empty" post from former. FWIW everidge led his team to what bowl game?

So youre saying that those 3 guys would not be welcome native Nebraskans even though they have performed well at other schools?? Heck, I would have loved to have had Quentin Nejaur ([sp?? :dumdum] center/KState) or Todd Doxon at NU in the mid 90's, but you dont think that these guys could add something to the team?

Cant say that he is better than Taylor yet, the kids just a true frosh. At the very least, he has enough speed to play WR or DB, or he would add some quality depth at the QB position.

So youre saying that those 3 guys would not be welcome native Nebraskans even though they have performed well at other schools?? Heck, I would have loved to have had Quentin Nejaur ([sp?? :dumdum] center/KState) or Todd Doxon at NU in the mid 90's, but you dont think that these guys could add something to the team?

lol you draw funny conclusions from words that arent even written.

anyways im sure if the coaches really wanted those guys to be on the team they would be on the team right now and we wouldnt be having this discussion. im sure those guys in the 90's could have gave the team something like a filled roster spot or gave the teachers another student to teach. Just because you are from Nebraska doesnt give you the right to play for the football team.

I dont really consider Everidge as a true Nebraska kid. Yes he graduated from high school in NE but he was an Air Force brat and just moved to NE right before his senior year. I think that he moved to NE from Montana or something like that.

True.

im sure those guys in the 90's could have gave the team something like a filled roster spot or gave the teachers another student to teach.

FYI, Nejuar was an all Big 8 center, and Doxon (played in NFL) would have provided needed depth at qb when Frazier/Berringer went down.

I dont really consider Everidge as a true Nebraska kid.  Yes he graduated from high school in NE but he was an Air Force brat and just moved to NE right before his senior year.  I think that he moved to NE from Montana or something like that.

True.

im sure those guys in the 90's could have gave the team something like a filled roster spot or gave the teachers another student to teach.

FYI, Nejuar was an all Big 8 center, and Doxon (played in NFL) would have provided needed depth at qb when Frazier/Berringer went down.

so they are what they are.. but we did pretty well without those guys you mentioned so where does that leave us? so those guys slipped through Tom Osbourne's hands, not Bill Callahan's.

This is what I was trying to say in my previous post.

IMO, I think BC should go after whomever will work out best for the team. The best players he can find. If they happen to be from Nebraska, its a bonus.

I don't think they should recruit from Nebraska, simply because they are from Nebraska.