Pentagon Official: The Facts Are In, And Obama’s Policy Is A Direct Danger To The United States

Husker_x, if you feel this strongly about conservatives f'ing things up and being mostly responsible for this mess, why don't you run for office instead of crying on some message board? What is it with people who bitch and moan but then never do anything about it?

You just said that on a message board.

heatblink.gif

And how do you know Husker_x isn't doing something about it in the real world? Maybe he's a columnist exposing government waste and fraud. Maybe he holds political office and is actively working from the inside to fix the problem. Or maybe he's just a voter who votes every chance he gets.

• Fire 2

Husker_x, if you feel this strongly about conservatives f'ing things up and being mostly responsible for this mess, why don't you run for office instead of crying on some message board? What is it with people who bitch and moan but then never do anything about it?

Knap kind of beat me to it, but if you don't understand how posting what you did is by your own bizarre logic even less effective than what you interpret me to be doing, I'm not sure I can answer your question. You've got my post total beat by a few hundred. I'm going to guess that one or two of them is a negative assessment of something to do with Nebraska football. Do you realize that I could alter about six words of your post, then turn it right back around and ask you why you're not a football coach at Nebraska?

Forget for a second that having public discussions/debates is a form of doing something (action starts from shared ideas). I've had to reevaluate many positions I held on many things, and people on this message board have helped me whether they knew it or not, even if it was only to force me to go back and reexamine something I said or thought. I learn a lot from talking shop with different folks. If you don't like it––well––off you go, lad.

The last thing is that conservatives are not exactly alone. They have plenty of help from the center and the left. But when you have the least productive HoR ever mixed with a post-Great Recession economy and a tendency towards fear and loathing and war, they attract special attention.

• Fire 1

Knap kind of beat me to it, but if you don't understand how posting what you did is by your own bizarre logic even less effective than what you interpret me to be doing, I'm not sure I can answer your question. You've got my post total beat by a few hundred. I'm going to guess that one or two of them is a negative assessment of something to do with Nebraska football. Do you realize that I could alter about six words of your post, then turn it right back around and ask you why you're not a football coach at Nebraska?

Forget for a second that having public discussions/debates is a form of doing something (action starts from shared ideas). I've had to reevaluate many positions I held on many things, and people on this message board have helped me whether they knew it or not, even if it was only to force me to go back and reexamine something I said or thought. I learn a lot from talking shop with different folks. If you don't like it––well––off you go, lad.

The last thing is that conservatives are not exactly alone. They have plenty of help from the center and the left. But when you have the least productive HoR ever mixed with a post-Great Recession economy and a tendency towards fear and loathing and war, they attract special attention.

No, you're wrong. In none of my previous posts have I ever said I could do a better job than Pelini. In none of my previous posts have I ever said I wanted to coach Nebraska or anywhere else. I have no desire to coach. I don't have the experience, knowledge, etc. I also don't understand what my post count has anything to do with this conversation. It's completely moot.

But if you want to keep on blaming Republicans for everything going wrong in Congress, well, be my guest.

You'd probably get along well with Creighton Duke. This is one of the dumbest statements you'll ever read.

• Fire 2

The idea that you shouldn't be allowed to complain those in power unless you're a politician yourself is resoundingly un-American, no? ;)'To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.'

If you're Republican, why not respond to the merits (or lack thereof) of his arguments instead?

Forget for a second that having public discussions/debates is a form of doing something (action starts from shared ideas). I've had to reevaluate many positions I held on many things, and people on this message board have helped me whether they knew it or not, even if it was only to force me to go back and reexamine something I said or thought. I learn a lot from talking shop with different folks.

Exactly. Civic engagement is important. Citizens and voters ought to be invested in, knowledgeable about, and care about what's going on. With that, they might even have opinions!

• Fire 3

And I have no problem with people on this board destroying Republicans and labeling them the next coming of Satan, as long as they are actually trying to do something to fix the problem (hint, hint, run for office themselves).

You have to run for office to have a political opinion?

And I have no problem with people on this board destroying Republicans and labeling them the next coming of Satan, as long as they are actually trying to do something to fix the problem (hint, hint, run for office themselves).

71206-littlefinger-speechless-gif-ga-3Ko