Power 5 conferences

I actually think this is going to level the playing field in the power 5. If they are now allowed to pay players more in scholarships than the other conferences, this will convince more players to go to places like ISU or Illinois instead of maybe staying closer to home going to a smaller school. This very well could raise the talent level at the lower level power 5 schools. The top of the conferences aren't going to change their level of talent at all.

If this raises the talent level at the lower schools, I see more coaches being fired. Fans aren't going to stand for 3-4 losses at schools that tend to be at the top of the conference even though the world is about to change. They will still sit on boards claiming...."Well, coach XYZ would have never lost those games back in the day".

This could also raise the level of coaching talent at the lower level power 5 schools.

I actually think this is going to level the playing field in the power 5. If they are now allowed to pay players more in scholarships than the other conferences, this will convince more players to go to places like ISU or Illinois instead of maybe staying closer to home going to a smaller school. This very well could raise the talent level at the lower level power 5 schools. The top of the conferences aren't going to change their level of talent at all.

If this raises the talent level at the lower schools, I see more coaches being fired. Fans aren't going to stand for 3-4 losses at schools that tend to be at the top of the conference even though the world is about to change. They will still sit on boards claiming...."Well, coach XYZ would have never lost those games back in the day".

This could also raise the level of coaching talent at the lower level power 5 schools.

I don't think it is the lack of money in the scholarships that is keeping someone from going to ISU or Illinois. The main reason why a lot of kids stay home is because travel is cheaper to schools close to their home for unofficial visits.

If you want to level the playing field, the Power 5 should allow official visits to kids sooner so that we can get them on campus.

I don't think it is the lack of money in the scholarships that is keeping someone from going to ISU or Illinois. The main reason why a lot of kids stay home is because travel is cheaper to schools close to their home for unofficial visits.

If you want to level the playing field, the Power 5 should allow official visits to kids sooner so that we can get them on campus.

That needs to change. They need to allow official visits over the summer before their senior year. SEC and Texas schools would never vote for that.

However, there are a lot of very poor but very good football players that may lean more towards a school if they get more money. Right now, no matter where they go, they all get the same amount allowed. So, why not stay closer to home so Mommy and Daddy can watch him play. Depending on the amount of money involved, it may convince them to move farther away to play at the Power 5 school.

• 1 month later...