When the Going gets tough, the tough get going.

We as fans have no control over the situation. Our only job is to support this team, this staff, and the kids that put their bodies on the line for our enjoyment.

This used to be the most positive board of all of them. Seldom a word lacking confidence. We as a group need to get back to that, knowing that this team is capable of winning every game. Present a solid base, as we all know the kids read this forum. Our words may or may not have an affect on their confidence, by being positive towards this season, we show confidence in them.

This group loves the University of Nebraska and the young men that play this fantastic game. Forget the negatives, forget the negative press, concentrate on being better fans of the team and staff. This may be the year that all the lights come on and we march through the schedule. It is not the time to be talking about weakness, lack of depth and the woe is me attitude. Positive thinking brings positive results.

The kids are tough, and trust me they are not buying into we are lost. We are a tough group of fans, lets get going.

Go Big Red!!! Those are words that we seldom see printed lately, lets do better at that.

• Fire 6

I see a little bit of negativity here, but honestly I don't think the overwhelming feeling of the board is negative, it just seems like the conversations seem to always go that way. How many great conversations have you seen taking place just to have someone nitpick out a singular section of your comment and paint it in a negative light. Or how many threads that were going just fine have been derailed because of one single comment made by one single member. That's the problem. Maybe not an overall negativity at all, it's that too many people focus their responses on purely the negative comments.

Hell, Mavric, Skers, and I had a short conversation the other day where I was a bit misinformed and they educated me a bit on the situation, it went fine, it was civil and I learned something. I was actually impressed by it.

So where I see where you're coming from,mi think the focus needs to be keeping those trends of positive conversation going. Adding insight or opinion to the topic at hand, and not solely scrolling through every thread looking for the village idiot to roast on.

I don't want to sound like I'm on a perch either, because I contribute to the madness sometimes. There's threads all over the place to quote and poke at the nonsense here. It will happen, and it should. It's human nature. I just think if more effort was made in a positive direction, as you said, we all might surprise each other and maybe learn a thing or two.

I think I've been feeling as good about this season as I can remember in recent history. I've gotten either a positive vibe or at least a wait and see mood from most. There's a few pessimists, but there always will be. The depth is good. The talent is here. I think our QB is gonna blow the socks off some doubters. Abdullah is in for a hell of a senior season, and he's got some horses behind him to help carry what should be a healthy load. If the last half of last season was any indication of the direction of this defense, then by God we ought to be pumped about that.

Let's see what happens. GO BIG RED!

• Fire 1

We have a special team in place. The talent is everywhere we need it and depth isnt nearly as big an issue as it was a season or two ago. If the staff can all agree and coach in unison it will show on the field. I fully expect that to start showing in two short weeks.

The board has been negative lately. Its not just people being down on the staff either. Its also people being tired of the same ol same that we see year in and out. That fuels the fire of negativity. Its time to stomp that fire out.

Both camps want one goal: Nebraska, hoisting a conference title above their heads in sweet sweet victory. This is Nebraska dammit and the thirst has built for far too long. This team will overcome the odds and quench the thirst of a parched fanbase. May the Kool Aid flow and the W's stack sky high. 2014 is going to be special. Go Big Red!

• Fire 1

The negativity didnt bother me as much. I can understand that. I have some of my own as well. It was just the constant and repetitive spinning of any kind of discussion into the same handful of arguments. So so should be fired. Blankity blank isnt playing enough. He cant call plays. Not enough experience. 9-4. conference title and so on. I said my piece on it all at one point or another. I just didnt see any reason to keep doing. Explaining the reasoning for my hiding.

Actually; I hope the players who are reading the negative comments are as amused as those of us who post here and make it known that there are a select few who can't get out of their own way to find anything positive to speak about regarding the Huskers. Sadly, this is a byproduct of some of the (me era) and like some of you have already brought up, it gets old and causes the loss of some of the better posters who are just f-ing Husker fans who want the best for the program. Do I always drink the cool aid? No, but I don't look to tear everything down because its fun or cool to do either. I am probably in the same boat as Count 'Bility, so with that, in comes the posse of naysayer's. 3-2-1 :leghump: