My Husker Tailgate...Lot 7

Okay, so we decided to jump into Lot 7 this year, I had heard good things but I was still skeptical.

We take two cars down, I am in the car that is parking by O Street, we park and start walking, the temptation of O street is almost more than I can handle, even at 10am. I walk and chat with my buddies and we stop at Embassy, just for a piss, not drinking, but let me tell you, I wanted to stay.

We get closer and closer to Lot 7 and I am getting a good vibe. We have a reserved spot, that means it comes with power and a dish set up, of course, I am worried it won't work and we will not have TV. I walk over to the spot and BOOM, my other buddies already have my TV set up and working...this is already a hit.

By this time we have all slammed a Buzzball and 1-2 beers, its 10:30.

We bust out some bag-toss, we set up the rest of the stuff and start drinking. By 11:30 we are using our "shot"gun to do shots and people are watching and seem curious, during the course of the day about 10 people stop by to get a shot from the "shot"gun.

An old "friend" stops by with one of her friends (both have great fake cans) so I quickly get the number of the new girl with fake cans and they leave...about an hour later I get a text from her "So and so says you are not dating material" which just means that things will go well with her, because of course her friend telling her that I am not a "settle down" guy will only help my chances.

We watch the game at our spot, its a little annoying because of the TV delay compared to hearing things from the stadium but its still amazing, we are under the bridge, by 12;30 we are covered in shade and the temps are perfect.

100 wings are grilled up to perfection (follow NebraskaBBQ on Twitter, he is our cook)

We bust out jello-shots and drink more.

We pack up when the game ends and leave but we have to walk by O street...so of course we stop at 12th street pub (I think thats the name) we play darts and drink two PBR tall boys and now its time for home. One guy passes out in the car.

We get back to my place and sit down, drinking more beer and watching some more games.

During the tailgate 3 people "took a nap" in their chairs...they were worn out!

One friend tried to "deflect" a pass and fell on the ground, almost into a grill and under a truck. Both knees and elbows were cutup.

I hope this tailgate story time becomes a regular thing. I can't wait for next week when we find out what happens with "New girl with fake cans"

But "fake cans"? I prefer to think of them as enhanced chest beefers. And I'm in favor of them. :lol: