Janay and Ray Rice and Why Women Stay in Abusive Relationships

Moving the conversation in a little different direction, Roger Goodell should not lose his job over this. But he should be suspended for a year without pay. And here is why.

He suspended Sean Payton of the NO Saints for a season because Payton claimed to not know about the bounties the defense were putting on opposing players.

Goodell said, "Ignorance is not an excuse."

He is now using the same excuse about seeing the video or knowing of it's existence. Complete double standard.

Moving the conversation in a little different direction, Roger Goodell should not lose his job over this. But he should be suspended for a year without pay. And here is why.

He suspended Sean Payton of the NO Saints for a season because Payton claimed to not know about the bounties the defense were putting on opposing players.

Goodell said, "Ignorance is not an excuse."

He is now using the same excuse about seeing the video or knowing of it's existence. Complete double standard.

Not to be rude, but this particular conversation isn't about Goodell, although I agree with your statement, completely.

CD I essentially agree with you. No doubt it's incredibly complex and is an injustice to put any kind of one-fix-fits-all solution or formula on it. It's entirely possible that she knows what she's doing, that she's mentally equipped to make fine decisions for herself, or any range of possible realities.

I think that conversations like this are dangerous in almost any public arena because I think it instantly enables and justifies outside mindsets that are looking to blame the victim without knowing the intimate circumstances. It's possible that they are 'right' in that the victim holds some blame, but it's also scary because they would be right based purely on coincidence and a desire to blame that person, who, statistically more often than not, shouldn't be blamed; at least not to the same extent as the person inflicting the abuse.