Big Ten Week 3

Scratchtown

Honestly unless its Undefeated Nebraska vs Undefeated Penn State in the title game, there is 0 chance the Big Ten sends its champ to the playoff.

Nothing is taken in a vacuum. I still think the Big Ten has a chance. I also think the SEC will not have a representative this year, as I think every team will have at least 2 losses. Everything we have seen so far leans this to being more of 2007 when Kansas was top 5 at one point, than there being multiple 13-0 teams.

Here's the thing, though--save for the Pac-12, I really don't see a lot of strength out of any of the other conferences, either.

And as much as we're slagging on the B1G, the Big XII looks to be even worse--Oklahoma had problems with a Tennessee team that is hoping to sniff a bowl, Tech choked against an Arkansas team that figures to be lit up by most of the SEC, and West Virginia had problems with a Maryland team that kept tripping over their own schlong all game long. Baylor has played jack and s*** so far, so we don't know if they're legitimate (well, as legitimate as a bunch of hypocrites can be, at any rate). And those are your top four teams in the Big XII.

Yeah, the B1G needs to win those head-to-head matchups, and an important one happens this weekend in Lincoln between the B1G and ACC. At least Nebraska can do their part, and hopefully the rest of the conference will catch up.

It is becoming more evident SEC and some other top 25 programs are getting athletes (code for black kids from the south) and studs by the truckload while the average B1G roster looks like it could field a fine MAC team (with some exceptions).

Considering how they oversign, it's not unexpected...but it's still artificial success. If Nebraska ran off players that we thought were wasting space yearly and then brought in 20-25 new kids each year, we'd have a hell of a roster too...

...but then again, that would go against what college sports should be about. If only we had a governing body that would ensure fair play, the welfare of the student athlete, and that the rules were followed...