Should the balloon tradition end?

We should release these for night games:

Sure, because people a mile away would love nothing more than to have a Chinese Lantern set their garage/house/cat on fire?

By the time they come down, the fire is already out (at least that's what the packaging says)

i think you're wrong, dum-dum. they go into outer space and turn into our stars.

• Fire 3

Sure, because people a mile away would love nothing more than to have a Chinese Lantern set their garage/house/cat on fire?

By the time they come down, the fire is already out (at least that's what the packaging says)

i think you're wrong, dum-dum. they go into outer space and turn into our stars.

But...but...advertising and packaging never lies!

Reported! At least the second part.

tumblr_mj46vasbed1rmc3aho1_500.gif

And we all know that Chinese manufacturers are very honest.

For the folks that couldn't be bothered to take the time to RTFA, the Biodegradability of the balloons per the article StPaulHusker linked to is being called into question.

I don't have a problem with the tradition as long as there is enough helium and the balloons are truly biodegradable. But if one or the other is seriously in question, it's time to do the responsible, mature thing and find a new tradition.

And there's a thread about this on the Politics tab since some folks can't help but dip into the ole' echo chamber when a topic like the environment comes up.

Responsibility and maturity ain't got no place in college football, kimosabe

If it ends it better be replaced by something much more significant. Like a giant hologram projected into the sky. Or air force fighter jets spraying red streaks overhead after every touchdown. Or cloud seeding that makes it instantly start raining red. Or a giant N on a platform that stands behind the South Enzone that explodes into blazing fire after every touchdown.

Or a man eating a Amigos crisp meat Burrito walks out onto the field after every touchdown.

• Fire 3

We could put a netting over the stadium to keep the balloons from going into the sky.

OR a Bubble machine on 4 spots blowing the bubbles in the air after each score.

PC6jJag.gif

Should I be taking this the wrong way?

Take it any way you want. But Bubbles and Football?? C'mon Man!

You do not like the song Tiny Bubbles

I would not want the bubble machines either :hmmph

Hows about we triple the number of ballons, fill em with regular air and drop em from an airplane after the first score. that way they all fall to the ground in the stadium. Like political convention style. then we can pick em all up and, god willing, RE-USE THEM. That would be tremendous. Everyone's happy. Save helium. No rubber. Keeping tradition.

Of course we'd probably lose to Rutgers the first time we did so whole huskernation would still be pissed.