would you be ok with a questionable player?

godd2

it is probably not true for all programs but i have notived that some that were down get back to the top with lets say questionable players. i look at florida state with winston or auburn with cam newton. i realize not all have had those players that have roae to the top BUT i ask you would you be ok with having a player that has issues if that got NU back to the top and thus brought in better players to keep it going?

Yes. Even TO got some less than stellar character kids and we did alright. Its one thing to recruit them and allow them to run wild vs recruiting them and holding them to a standard.

I have no issue so long as the expectations are addressed and met.

It's been well documented that Osborne recruited quite a few kids that had checkered pasts. As you say, there's a very fine line between recruiting them and letting them do their thing without reining them in once they reach campus.

We got folks that steal bikes and flash people. Already on our way.

I want one of them to do both at the same time. Like steal a bike while not wearing pants.

You always have to bring man-ass into the conversation, don't you Moiraine?

I didn't mention any butts but now that we're on the topic, I'd prefer it if this player was a cornerback. 'Cause they have the best ones.

I want one of them to do both at the same time. Like steal a bike while not wearing pants.

I didn't mention any butts but now that we're on the topic, I'd prefer it if this player was a cornerback. 'Cause they have the best ones.

All man-butts are gross Moiraine.

it is probably not true for all programs but i have notived that some that were down get back to the top with lets say questionable players. i look at florida state with winston or auburn with cam newton. i realize not all have had those players that have roae to the top BUT i ask you would you be ok with having a player that has issues if that got NU back to the top and thus brought in better players to keep it going?

So cover up a possible rape or allow boosters to pay a player to come and play? No thank you.

I'm perfectly fine recruiting kids from bad neighborhoods with some legal history, but what college football offers is the opportunity out of that life- not the opportunity to bring that life along to college. I think that's what Osborne tried to do- offer those kids an opportunity out- and then tried to make sure those players got the extra help they needed to be successful. Often it worked. Sometimes it didn't.

But you never cover up for them, and you don't pay them. Ever.

• Fire 1

All man-butts are gross Moiraine.

I just did a google search in an attempt to prove you wrong and I came across this headline: "Man Arrested After Leaving Naked Butt-Print on City Windows"

Anyhow, you are wrong.

I might be mistaken, but we have had our share of bad boys. The Peter bros come to mind, Ritchie Incognito, Lawrence Phillips to name a few. Wasn't the beloved Taylor Martinez in trouble with coaches shortly after his arrival on campus? And let's not forget some of the controversy surrounding the legendary Johnnie Rodgers.