south Dakota political shakeup

He BR in SD - I'm a grad of SDSU and live in Tulsa. I was talking to my dad, who lives in SF and he said it has gotten pretty wild. I happened to see a similar article last week and was surprised by this - I remember Larry Pressler from when he 1st got in the senate. This and Kansas will grab a lot of attention election night.

TGH good to see a fellow SD guy ( I'm a BHSU grad). Yeah its really interesting race no one thought would be close, is going to be a nail biter. Some polls have shown if Weiland the democrat was to drop Pressler wins going away. The EB5 scandal is killing rounds. I will be watching kansas closely too.

TGH good to see a fellow SD guy ( I'm a BHSU grad). Yeah its really interesting race no one thought would be close, is going to be a nail biter. Some polls have shown if Weiland the democrat was to drop Pressler wins going away. The EB5 scandal is killing rounds. I will be watching kansas closely too.

Pol Sci & Soc Sci were my minors - history was my major - but I work in finance - go figure. My sister went to BHSC in the early 1980s Sounds like Rounds shot himself in the foot wt the EB5 issue.

It may be a wild ride election night. I think Pressler was a popular senator during his time in office. I am surprised by his recent Obama support. Hey, I voted for George McGovern back in the day - so I should be surprised I guess by changes in political opinion.

I don't know why these guys seek the endorsement of yesterday's news. Rick might help wt the conservative base and prolife voters but if Rounds needs that in order to shore up his conservative base, he is in trouble at this stage. If he needed to offset Pressler, he should be seeking endorsements from some more current guys who are a bit more moderate than Rick- like Rubio, Ryan, or even Romney (yes yesterday's candidate but still very active in supporting candidates and still thought well of by many). If he needed to shore up the far right - then current guys like Cruz or Rand Paul - although they might scare off those who might vote for Pressler - esp Cruz.

Have lived in SF since 1979. Have not been very politically involved but I do vote in every election and think that school board, city council, and mayoral

elections are the most important as they effect locals a lot more directly than do national elections. I'm leaning toward Pressler although I'm not happy about hisbeing a one term Senator. SD has the minimum number of Congressmen and none of them has a lot of seniority meaning they have very little clout in Washington.In 1996 we had a Senate Majority Leader, a second Senator who had been in the Senate for three terms and a Representative with 5 terms. Our two Senators and

their seniority were voted out of office, our lone Representative moved on to the Senate and SD now had three Congressmen in office with no job experience and noclout in their new jobs. For a State with the minimum number of seats in in Congress not a real good move by the voters of South Dakota. We will now have

another rookie Senator and I have heard nothing concerning the House race. While I believe in term limits until we have them I believe that if a State

wants or needs Federal funding its best to keep your Congressmen on the job for as long as possible.

T_O_B

I actually like Pressler being a one term senator. Like he said he won't have to waste time campaigning or raising money. Plus if he does end up caucusing with a party it would ruin his re election bid. And yes, SD does have only 3 reps but we are top 5 in the nation for senator to government money given back to the state ratio. They get the job done