Black America

Can you just put all these threads into one big one instead of continually creating new ones? It seems people keep making "Black America" threads every month. Why not have just one and leave it at that?

Because it's a different article, and what does it hurt.

It hurts because it is an extremely similar topic to many that have been created combined with the fact that you do not make any comment on it to spark discussion. If you just want to post articles for people to review, why not do so in a status update. Otherwise, provide us with some prompting to discuss.

Can you just put all these threads into one big one instead of continually creating new ones? It seems people keep making "Black America" threads every month. Why not have just one and leave it at that?

Because it's a different article, and what does it hurt.

It hurts because it is an extremely similar topic to many that have been created combined with the fact that you do not make any comment on it to spark discussion. If you just want to post articles for people to review, why not do so in a status update. Otherwise, provide us with some prompting to discuss.

Don't read it then, it was just some interesting info, if people choose to discuss that info then more power to them. The graphics are pretty self explanatory, black America is in a sh**ty situation.

Hmmm....I could be wrong and TGHusker could correct me if I am.

But, I took his comments as meaning in the area of improving life for black America.

I think that's what TGHusker meant as well

That's not what he said . . . but we can address those for "black America" if you'd like:

1. Economy - Not race specific.

2. Unemployment - Peaked relatively early in the recession and has since receded.

3. Combat deaths - I think that (2010 numbers) around 30% of active duty enlisted women and 16% of active duty enlisted men were black. Around ~12% of Americans are black so it's fair to say that they are disproportionally represented in our military. It's probably an improvement that they aren't dying as frequently, right?

4. Uninsured rate - The uninsured rate for black Americans dropped from 18.9% to 15.1% in the first year of the ACA.

5. Environmental protection - Not race specific.

6. Medical inflation rates - Not race specific.

7. Financial regulation - Not race specific.

8. Deficit - Not race specific.

Either way . . . whether TG meant just black Americans or whether he meant all Americans . . . you'd have to have your head jammed pretty damn far up there to think that nothing has improved under Obama.