Jeb - Please just say NO

Wasn't Hillary President for eight years? I see a Republican law suit coming

Are they actually going to file this one or just talk about it?

Right behind the one the House has filed against Obama on the executive actions!

Check your facts.

Carl I'm just joking here. Lighten up. House speaker said he was going to file a suit against O - not sure if he actually did or not. Which I stated in that thread was a stupid idea.

Wasn't Hillary President for eight years? I see a Republican law suit coming

Are they actually going to file this one or just talk about it?

Right behind the one the House has filed against Obama on the executive actions!

Check your facts.

Carl I'm just joking here. Lighten up. House speaker said he was going to file a suit against O - not sure if he actually did or not. Which I stated in that thread was a stupid idea.

I know . . . referring to the bold. He didn't. ;)

• 1 month later...

As long as we don't end up with Paul Ryan or Rand Paul (or anyone of that breed) as the nominee, I don't care.

Christie/Bush/Romney are all fine in comparison.

Are you saying that because you actually would consider voting for Christie, Bush or Romney? Or, are you saying that because you believe it would be easier for the Dems to beat either of those three instead of Ryan or Paul?

As long as we don't end up with Paul Ryan or Rand Paul (or anyone of that breed) as the nominee, I don't care.

Are you saying that because you actually would consider voting for Christie, Bush or Romney? Or, are you saying that because you believe it would be easier for the Dems to beat either of those three instead of Ryan or Paul?

I thought he meant it in the "lesser evil" sense. Not that he'd be voting for them . . . but that if a Republican were to win he'd prefer that they be more in the moderate mold.

That's probably no different for Republicans.

Would I consider voting for any of the 5 you listed? No.

And please. Christie/Bush/Romney would be far more difficult to defeat than any of the Ryan/Paul/Cruz trifecta.

But yes, Christie/Bush/Romney are the lesser of the evils. At least with those three, I think they're actually halfway suited for the job, even if I completely disagree with what they would do while on the job.

My favorite take on this situaish I've heard yet:

What are historians 100 or 200 years gonna think if they look back at our presidents and see HW- Bill - W - Obama - Hillary/Jeb?

Not a good look to have two political families running the show for 30+ years. I bust out laughing HARD when some comedian dropped that line on Todd n Tyler one day.

Bush starts this exploratory look and it will do a couple of things: Freeze big money people form donating to other potential entrants and also force the hand of other candidates to either get in or shut up. When Bush announces he is in, there will be a scramble for the rest of the big money. The Bush machine is as well oiled as the Clinton machine.

Please no Bush/Clinton. To make things interesting we should have a Cruz/Warren 2016 race. I'm not saying Cruz is my guy, just that this would be the more entertaining. If we have to go through all of the TV adds, it should be entertaining.

I don't know who I want on the Repub side yet for sure. I lean towards Gov Walker.

Bush starts this exploratory look and it will do a couple of things: Freeze big money people form donating to other potential entrants and also force the hand of other candidates to either get in or shut up. When Bush announces he is in, there will be a scramble for the rest of the big money. The Bush machine is as well oiled as the Clinton machine.

Please no Bush/Clinton. To make things interesting we should have a Cruz/Warren 2016 race. I'm not saying Cruz is my guy, just that this would be the more entertaining. If we have to go through all of the TV adds, it should be entertaining.

I don't know who I want on the Repub side yet for sure. I lean towards Gov Walker.

It's gonna be a s***show if Cruz wins the GOP nod. The media will have a field day with that guy. He's a moron.

Agreed, though, it'd be very entertaining.

Dude no. The political views in this country are already very polarized, more than they ever have been in the past. We don't need two candidates on the extreme ends of the spectrum in the same election. If Cruz gets nominated (he won't) then fine, and if Warren gets nominated (slim chance) then fine, but the last thing we need is both of them at once. You're forcing people who are already way way too extreme in their views to take two extreme sides in an enormous election, and that's just going to lead to more political turmoil down the road.

• 4 weeks later...

I kind of feel bad for Jeb. 15 years ago I wanted him to run, and think he would have made a good president. But he's kind of in a no win situation now. One side will tie him to his brother and if/when he distinguishes himself from said brother, the other side will brand him as not being loyal. Gotta be tough, because you know he's thinking, "but I'm smarter, more well spoken and have better ideas than him."