Buffalo and Ohio

Looks like Buffalo has a class of a whopping 8. I wonder if they are under restrictions or if they have several underclassmen.

Ohio signed 21 and appear to have players that graded out lower than any other team I've looked at so far. Several players that were 3.0 (8), 1.0 (2), and even 0.0 (6).

By comparison the lowest grade of any of Nebraska's players is 3.0. (Young, West. Henry, and Hickman)

3.0 is for a pending prospect that is projected to contribute at the division I level.

1.0 is a recruit that has shown the ability to play at the college level.

More on the grading system: link

So did Solich recruit 6 players that didn't even show the ability to play in college let alone Division I?

The lineman that frank recruited seem to be really small on the defensive side. The five ends that were listed ranged from 200 lbs to 245 lbs. Maybe Frank will move them to linebacker or safety. I think 200 is a little small to play d-line at any D1 level.

Frank did pull in a couple of tall wideouts from the smaller cities in Ohio. Maybe they could help him ignite his offense in the next few years.

I guess I didn't see any 200 lb ends. I think frank got a huge get in hubbard, he's going to be a great one. The smallest end I seen of the 3 dends was 225. With all summer to bulk up and possibly redshirt year I'd say its fine size. I remember Loran Kiaser for the huskers was a 215-220 lb lineman his senior year in high school and he turned into an almost 300 lb d tackle at nu. Weight programs can do alot for kids.

Karr that your talking about is listed as a dend on rivals but is actually going to be a tight end according to ohio's site.

I would hate to recruit for a school like Ohio. You can't expect a top 20 class or even a top 40 class for that matter. All Frank has to do is try to out-recruit the other schools like Akron, Buffalo, any directional Michigan school or Ball State. It's a whole other game in the Mid-Americas. I think that the only school in the Mid America conference that had a better ranked recruiting class was Akron. With that in mind, I think Frank did a decent job recruiting.

I thought frank got a pretty good class for it being ohio.

You kill me dude. In one thread you say the Big Red class is average on paper. In this thread you say Got Frank signed a pretty good class. NU averaged 3.27 stars (Scout and Rivals). Compared to Ohio’s 2.05 (Rivals) and 1.41 (Scout). If 3.27 stars is average then what is 1.41 or 2.05?

I think frank got a huge get in hubbard, he's going to be a great one.

Also if Callahan had brought in the Hubbard kid you would be saying he probably won’t pan out anyway since he went to Prep School. You would also say that since he went to Prep School he probably isn’t that smart. Your point of view is outstanding. :bang

I thought frank got a pretty good class for it being ohio.

You kill me dude. In one thread you say the Big Red class is average on paper. In this thread you say Got Frank signed a pretty good class. NU averaged 3.27 stars (Scout and Rivals). Compared to Ohio’s 2.05 (Rivals) and 1.41 (Scout). If 3.27 stars is average then what is 1.41 or 2.05?

I think frank got a huge get in hubbard, he's going to be a great one.

Also if Callahan had brought in the Hubbard kid you would be saying he probably won’t pan out anyway since he went to Prep School. You would also say that since he went to Prep School he probably isn’t that smart. Your point of view is outstanding. :bang

Reread what I wrote. I said frank got a pretty good class for it BEING OHIO. Recruiting isn't quite as easy at ohio as at nebraska. Nebraska and callahan are suppose to be top 10-15 every year with the tradition,facilities and that they are ulmighty god at recruiting. Ohio or other lower mac schools don't have that. Therefore I thought frank did well for ohio and compared to some previous ohio classes. Figure it out. 20-30 ranked class for nu isn't that great.

Recruiting at Nebraska has always been different. Tom never had top classes either. But what he got he used to their full potential. For what ever reason very few of Franks athletes panned out as expected. BC seems to have done well with what he has brought in. Cupboard bare or full makes no differene, it is what you do with what you have. I think this is an above average class for Nebraska the last 6 years. When the program starts winning like Oklahoma, USC, LSU, Florida and the others you will see more so called top rated athletes come to Nebraska.

I want to give BC the chance to develop what he has. I saw the sparks of a fire starting at Nebraska. He did qutie a bit with athletes that were not considered the cream of the crop by anyone but Nebraska fans. As he assembles more of what he is looking for in talent, I think we will find his classes are more like Tom's. Maybe not screaming we are the best, but adequate talent with dedication and heart. That is the Nebraska I want back. I think BC has us headed that way, but only time will tell.

Nebraska has a draw no question, but kids are not concerned about 94-97, they are concerned with today and where they will end up. Nebraska at this time may be mentioned in the same breath as the powers, but likelihood of a kid choosing Nebraska over the major powers if both are offering are slim. We have to prove we have the coaching to get them here. There has not been enough time passed for that.

Figure it out.  20-30 ranked class for nu isn't that great. Nebraska and callahan are suppose to be top 10-15 every year with the tradition,facilities and that they are ulmighty god at recruiting.

So if a Nebraska class is rated anywhere from 20-30 it is not a good class? If you believe that what did you thank of Frank the Tank’s last two classes at NU? In 2002 they were 44 (Scout) and 40 (Rivals). In 2003 they were 28 (Scout) and 42 (Rivals). I’m sure when those classes were announced you were head over heals in love with them. The Big Red got hurt in the rankings this year because they didn’t have as many scholarships to give out. There are schools ahead of NU because of volume plain and simple. If you go by average stars then the Big Red would have been 16 in both.

Reread what I wrote.  I said frank got a pretty good class for it BEING OHIO. Recruiting isn't quite as easy at ohio as at nebraska. Therefore I thought frank did well for ohio and compared to some previous ohio classes.

As far as Ohio goes, looking back on the two years before Got Frank arrived this years class looks NO different. Were those classes’ good classes in your eyes? I would also like to find out how you know any of Frankie’s recruits are any good. There is only video on I believe four of them

I would hate to recruit for a school like Ohio. You can't expect a top 20 class or even a top 40 class for that matter. All Frank has to do is try to out-recruit the other schools like Akron, Buffalo, any directional Michigan school or Ball State. It's a whole other game in the Mid-Americas. I think that the only school in the Mid America conference that had a better ranked recruiting class was Akron. With that in mind, I think Frank did a decent job recruiting.

don't forget about Temple........... :lol:

Frank had a pretty good class - for OHIO. It would be unacceptable at NU. Why? because NU has a name brand that they can sell nationally. That means he has to look for a mix of solid mid-level players and good athletes that the bigger names might have overlooked. In reality, there is quite a bit of talent in the Ohio area that gets left behind after the Big 10 finishes their recruiting. Overall the MAC seems to be an improving conference, but they have nowhere near the resources or the reach of the Big 12.

Remember for Frank, winning the MAC is a step forward, for us the bar is set to competing for national titles.

20 is OK, but it won't deliver us to the promised land. Unlike before under Osborn and Solich we aren't running a different system with specific needs that differ from what most teams were recruiting. What worries me is that we are now recruiting head to head with the top schools in Texas and California and Florida for essentially the players that they want. In other words, 20th when recruiting for the same players means that we are running the same sort of system with the 20th best players - not a situation that is likely to win a national title anytime soon.

The only other option is to develop our players better than the competition, and that remains to be seen with this coaching staff. or maybe the staff can build some momentum over time, but that puts the pressure on to start winning this season.