11 Wins

I'm pretty sure I'd take him coaching at NU too.

That is hilarious.

.728 winning percentage in the sec.

BCS victories

Great recruiter (who's against over signing)

Nebraska native

Winning record in bowls.

Actual seasons with less than four losses

Conference championships.

--it's not that ridiculous.

Actually his winning percentage is .696 in the SEC. (Bo's is .704 in conference).

Fertile recruiting grounds.

Don't care if was born in Nebraska.

1-1 in Bowls against Bo Pelini despite playing game in back yard.

3 actual seasons with MORE than four losses.

Zero conference championships since before Pelini was even hired.

AND:

Loses games he shouldn't (in embarrassing fashion).

More disciplinary issues than you can shake a stick at.

2 losses this year, in which both teams are FAR WORSE than MSU and Wisconsin. Did you see the Florida game?

I was quoting his overall winning percentage.

Put Bo in his conference and give him his schedules. He'd never win 9. Not once.

At least he's won championships.

Being from Nebraska for some stupid reason matters. Plus he's said he'd be interested in the job.

I don't give a crap about his disciplinary issues. They aren't worse than Osborne's and there are statues of the man.

The fertile recruiting ground excuse is bs. He grabs classes and doesn't oversign to do it. Translation, he does what Bo does and delivers and doesn't whine about it.

If the Huskers could finish 11-2, with their only two losses at MSU and Wisconsin, they would likely be in the Top Ten in the final ranking.

This place would get really entertaining if they chose to fire Bo then.

No way they finish in the top 10 even with winning the rest.

Let's talk 10-2. Not 11-2. If Bo isn't fired after the Iowa game, he won't be fired after the bowl game. All coaching hires are essentially done at that point. Waiting until after the bowl would be absurd.

That said is 10-2 with this schedule acceptable? I say no.

Granted we were severely outplayed for most of the Michigan State game, you're basically saying Bo's tenure hinges on Alonzo Moore's fingertips in the endzone of that game?

Obviously the Wisconsin game was a train wreck, but if you're ready to dismiss a 10-2 coach, need to look big picture here. I know people don't want to bring it up, but what coach in their right mind is coming here?

You fire a coach after 10 wins? Both losses coming on the road to top 25 teams?

You would have been wrong about that, too.

2005 was a long time ago.

They aren't worse than Osborne's and there are statues of the man.

That makes it OK?

The fertile recruiting ground excuse is bs.

You're right, location has NOTHING to do with recruiting classes.

• Fire 1

You would have been wrong about that, too.

2005 was a long time ago.

They aren't worse than Osborne's and there are statues of the man.

That makes it OK?

The fertile recruiting ground excuse is bs.

You're right, location has NOTHING to do with recruiting classes.

Nitpick where I decided to grab his winning percentage (didn't include this year) all you like. Along with where he recruits to,or when his championships were. His resume is better than Bo's and he would be an upgrade.

Let's talk 10-2. Not 11-2. If Bo isn't fired after the Iowa game, he won't be fired after the bowl game. All coaching hires are essentially done at that point. Waiting until after the bowl would be absurd.

Granted we were severely outplayed for most of the Michigan State game, you're basically saying Bo's tenure hinges on Alonzo Moore's fingertips in the endzone of that game?

Obviously the Wisconsin game was a train wreck, but if you're ready to dismiss a 10-2 coach, need to look big picture here. I know people don't want to bring it up, but what coach in their right mind is coming here?

Yea, because we looked awesome for 3.5 quarters in East Lansing.

The whole "what coach would even come here" thing is laughable. There are about 120 division 1A coaching jobs. 60 or so in BCS level conferences, and maybe 30 of those that have the money and resources to be legitimate contenders for conference and national titles. Nebraska is one of those schools. Who would take the job? Any coach with desires to be the best. Anyone who would be afraid of the job isn't f'ing good enough anyway.

With our tradition and resources and facing this cupcake schedule a middle of the road guy could win these and at least coach em up enough to at least be able to COMPETE against teams in the top 25 .Please STOP the embarrassment while we still have a shred of credibility left.Please anyone!

For the 11-2 group, are you truly satisfied with the season, the whole 7 years? Is it what you expect from Nebraska?

Something to consider. We would be asking a new coach to come in and go undefeated. Right away. Now. We're still in the B1G, right? And you can talk all you want about how it's not about wins and losses. Coaches know better. Put what you wrote above in the first line of the job description.......

I am so sick of this argument. Because Bo is let go for getting blown out against ranked opponents, we would be asking a new coach to come in and go undefeated? Why? Why the jump from 4 losses to undefeated? Why do people have to blow the situation out of proportion like this?

The problem isn't the 9 wins or the 4 losses. Some need to get that through their thick heads. The problem is not being competitive with reasonably decent teams. Period. As far as I'm concerned the new coach can come in here and only win 9 for a few years, as long as he's not struggling with McNeese and getting curb stomped by every top 30 team he faces. The expectation is not a better record than Pelini has generated. The expectation is winning some games that matter instead of getting embarrassed. It's really that simple.

Rumor is you can ignore any post(s)

I think the bigger picture that some obviously need to look at is Bo's inability to win the big game, or even be competitive. That's what's so baffling to me, why would you be ok with 10 wins if none of those wins are worth hanging your hat on? With that mindset, we might as well go play I-AA ball and win 12 games a year.

For the 11-2 group, are you truly satisfied with the season, the whole 7 years? Is it what you expect from Nebraska?

Something to consider. We would be asking a new coach to come in and go undefeated. Right away. Now. We're still in the B1G, right? And you can talk all you want about how it's not about wins and losses. Coaches know better. Put what you wrote above in the first line of the job description.......

Not undefeated. But for the love of god. At least in control and competent on a consistent basis.

I think it will be telling more if the PLAYERS play hard for their coach. Theres no doubt they know his job status is up in the air.

If THEY love Bo and THEY want to play for him and win 3 straight, I'll be happy if he stays.

We as fans have the privilege of rooting or not. The players wil determine how the games end up. If they back their coach and come out swinging to "save his job" it will mean a lot more, at least right now, in determining his job at the END of the season.

If they show indifference and lay eggs, that will be equally as telling.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I can't ever remember playing in high school or college where I was indifferent on the field or off. Players play with anger and pride. What happened Saturday was just a beat-down.

Because we had a long list of candidates when Callahan was fired? I'm not saying we aren't a great program deserving of a great coach, but to think replacing a guy that just won 10 games wouldn't deter some candidates would be crazy.

It might deter some coaches who don't understand the entire situation. And maybe some who are afraid of the job. And to those I would say: glad we were able to weed out the unqualified.

• Fire 1