11 years ago

Ulty

At the beginning of the week, I felt that Bo was going to be coaching his last game. While that very well may still be the case... As the week went on, the more that I read about the situation, the more I feel that we are keeping Bo and doing a massive staff overhaul.

If that's the case, here are the coaches who HAVE to go:

1) Beck

2) Cotton

3) Garrison

4) Els

5) Papuchis

Priorities going forward:

1. Find a seasoned OC who runs an innovative, effective, SIMPLE offense and knows how to develop a QB. Introduce him to Ron Brown and Rich Fisher and tell him to find 2 assistants that he knows are top hires (1 of which can develop OL talent) and give him the keys to the offense.

2. Hire a new DC who isn't just a yes-man OR stamp the official title of DC on Bo and hire a couple more position coaches that will not be afraid to tell Bo their ideas. One needs to be a LB guru, because our LB play has been subpar for a long time.

3. Adjust the defensive scheme. The way we play the run obviously does not work, and that's been proven several times.

Why would a seasoned staff want to climb aboard the sinking ship?
Why would any head coach if we fire Pelini?
What?

No quality coach would come to a program that fires 9 and 10 win coaches. So again, what quality coach would actually come here if we fire Pelini?

John Cooper was 111-43-4 in 11 years at Ohio State. When they fired him they hired some nobody by the name of Jim Tressel. Tressel won a National Title two years later.