Mizzou wins SEC East (again)

Husker67

Twice since joining the SEC, Missouri has won the East, last year and this year. And while the East is the weaker of the two divisions in the SEC (serious question coming up)

Did anyone think Missouri would have two division titles in a tougher conference sooner than Nebraska would in, perceivably, the weaker B!G?

I know, Missouri lost to Indiana, and got smoked by Georgia, but the bottom line is they have two East division titles in three years in that conference. One might argue that they adjusted to the style of play in a tougher conference much quicker than Nebraska did. And I think we all know Gary Pinkel has seen his share of the hot seat in his years at Missouri.

Twice since joining the SEC, Missouri has won the East, last year and this year. And while the East is the weaker of the two divisions in the SEC (serious question coming up)

Did anyone think Missouri would have two division titles in a tougher conference sooner than Nebraska would in, perceivably, the weaker B!G?

I know, Missouri lost to Indiana, and got smoked by Georgia, but the bottom line is they have two East division titles in three years in that conference. One might argue that they adjusted to the style of play in a tougher conference much quicker than Nebraska did. And I think we all know Gary Pinkel has seen his share of the hot seat in his years at Missouri.

Nope...can't say I ever thought Mizzou would have more titles than Nebraska ...... can't think if a reason other than SEC plays more like the BIg 12 ....wasn't as big a change for them. :dunno

Me either, hell, it took me 5 minutes to compose that post.

Rest assured, Mizzou is not in a better place than we are. Hell, their division may even be worse than ours. With the exception of Georgia, that division is a dumpster fire.

Bama will make them a meat puppet in the championship game.

I'm not sure what I was getting at, I was figuring both teams left the same division of the same conference at about the same time, and went to two distinctly different conferences. I suppose on an (over-thought, :)) and subliminal level I am disappointed that Nebraska has not adjusted to the physical style of play in the B1G, considering this was once the Husker identity. So, maybe I'm giving too much credit to Mizzou for adjusting to the SEC style of athletes and play, but as you pointed out, how much adjusting have they had to do in playing in the weaker of the two divisions?

Or one might argue that the SEC isn't the tough conference most espouse. Maybe Missouri mystically got better by joining the SEC.

I think the first thing that comes into play is that the SEC mystique is primarily a media driven phenomenon. Missouri has as many SEC East titles as they had Big XII North Titles.

Now, that said, they have consecutive 10 win seasons,(12-2 last year, 10-2 so far this year) and have not lost a road game in two years. And outside the inexplicable Indiana loss, they have managed to not fall on their face for the last couple of years. Neither are things we can say. Flat out, Mizzou is a better coached team than we are right now. Let that sink in, Pinkel is a better coach than what we have.