Warren allowed to go out on road to recruit

I was hoping it was Kaz.

Judging from the rumors about Kaz said after receiving the news of Bo's firing, I would be very surprised if Kaz wanted to stick around.

Personally, I didnt see Kaz do anything better than he did at Iowa. Our D line was pretty weak most of the season. The up the gut run exposed Kaz as an average, at best, D line coach. The on the edge, it went from exposed to getting raped... Kaz is gone, and he knows it, hence his little hissy fit at VI... if it's true.

Personally, I didnt see Kaz do anything better than he did at Iowa. Our D line was pretty weak most of the season. The up the gut run exposed Kaz as an average, at best, D line coach. The on the edge, it went from exposed to getting raped... Kaz is gone, and he knows it, hence his little hissy fit at VI... if it's true.

If he'd done what he did at Iowa we would have been fine. Remember Clayborn, Ballard, King? Iowa was a top 10 rush D when he was there.

If he'd done what he did at Iowa we would have been fine. Remember Clayborn, Ballard, King? Iowa was a top 10 rush D when he was there.

But then again, he had to coach how Pelini wanted. And that is the 2 gap, right?

But then again, he had to coach how Pelini wanted. And that is the 2 gap, right?

I think most of our defensive deficiencies were proven to be schematic over the years....

I'd argue that the scheme was the issue, not Kaz.

I can see a lot of virtue in retaining some position coaches from the perspective of a new head coach. For one, it gives some continuity to the current players and recruits, and the position coaches would help the new coach assimilate into the university. The other virtue is that position coaches can usually be terminated later without too much fuss and thus there is little risk in retaining a position coach or two from an out-going coaching staff.

I could see a lot of utility to keeping Brown, since he is an institution unto himself at Nebraska and would make an ideal ambassador between the current players and a new coach. His experience at Nebraska also transcends his time as a Pelini assistant, so he might not feel the undying loyalty to Pelini that the Becks, Papuchises, Kazes, etc. might feel. He also has the capability to coach a variety of positions (TE, RB, etc.).

Warren seems like a high-character guy, a good recruiter, and has a short history with Pelini, so he, too, might not be poisoned by Pelini's "F everyone but me and mine" mentality.