I have said all along (not necessarily on HB), but I would love Richt… he is one of my favorite coaches

I don't understand what people like about Richt other than him being born in Nebraska. He's been unable to get over the hump in Athens surrounded by throngs of Georgia recruits. What makes anyone think he could do better in Lincoln with much harder recruiting? Sure, he's probably better than Pelini, but he's not anywhere near my first choice.

If they had a gun to my head I'd say he already has a commitment and can't announce it until after the Bowl games. Other than that, I have no idea.

...After the CCGs this weekend. We'll know before the end of next weekend is my guess.

• Fire 1

I have said all along (not necessarily on HB), but I would love Richt… he is one of my favorite coaches

I agree with this I think he needs a new job at a big name school like Nebraska, some Georgia fans aren't satisfied with him and the Big Ten West is an easier division to be in as the SEC is a grind every game you play or coach

The SEC East is not the SEC West. Missourri is 2 time SEC East champ. Georgia got embarrassed by a bad Florida team. I will pass.

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah I completely agree. If I had a preference, I honestly would look to Mark Richt. Obviously there are many who disagree, but I think because of his Nebraska background, and the seemingly good job he has done at Georgia, I think he could a recruiting interest we haven't had, considering he grew up in Florida and coached at Georgia. It would definitely make it easier for him to connect with guys from the deep south states unlike Pelini or Callahan have done in the past.

I don't get this "Nebraska ties" thing with Richt. He was born in Omaha. Big deal. It's not like he grew up in Nebraska or played here.

IMO, top 5 in order of likelihood:

1) Scott Frost

2) Jim Tressel

3) Troy Calhoun

4) Joe Moglia

5) Craig Bohl

I'd bank on it being one of those 5. I think Mullen and Fuente have outside shots, but don't think it will be (or should be) either of those 2. Some of the other names being thrown around (not just on HB, but nationally) are absolutely ridiculous to me, but that is quite common during a coaching change.

Just Speculation. I'm not SE and I don't think any of us can say with any certainty right now.

If were actually willing to spend money like Eichorst said wouldn't be a problem, then why in the hell would we settle for someones leftovers? If you can't win at Georgia then how is he supposed to win at NU? Enough with these leftover, down on their luck guys. I say we steal someone who is at the top of their coaching game, Briles or whoever. Otherwise whats the point? Why not just hire another mediocre coach and save some money?

Briles and a lot of other proven coaches are not available.

I hope SE was already working on some candidates. I don't think SP anticipated the backlash when he fired Solich and that scared his top choices off. No way was BC originally a top 3 choice.

The national backlash has been minimal with the Pelini firing.

agree, most people get it.......Bo was only good against poor comp.

If they had a gun to my head I'd say he already has a commitment and can't announce it until after the Bowl games. Other than that, I have no idea.

a gun to your head and you spew out this? there will be an announcement as soon as possible to get a start on recruiting. if there is nothing announced until after the bowl games we're as good as f'd.

Why doesn't he just announce it right now then and in what regard are we f'd? Do you think the new coach will bring in a top recruiting class this year and if he doesn't we're f'd?

IMO, top 5 in order of likelihood:

1) Scott Frost

2) Jim Tressel

3) Troy Calhoun

4) Joe Moglia

5) Craig Bohl

I'd bank on it being one of those 5. I think Mullen and Fuente have outside shots, but don't think it will be (or should be) either of those 2. Some of the other names being thrown around (not just on HB, but nationally) are absolutely ridiculous to me, but that is quite common during a coaching change.

Just Speculation. I'm not SE and I don't think any of us can say with any certainty right now.

I would thin McElwain in the mix too.