How bad do you want Tressel

Another day and still not a whisper of Tressel and Nebraska here in Columbus. I feel like there would've been at least something by now. As much as I'd like to see him get back into coaching, it's starting to look like a real long shot.

I would tend to agree. However there isn't a whisper coming from anywhere else either. It's really odd that there is nothing coming from anywhere. Also, Tressel has had more than ample time to deny interest and hasn't done anything. You can't tell me he doesn't know he is atop the wish list and if he knew we had no chance in hell he would have to respond just to get people off his twitter, right?

Another day and still not a whisper of Tressel and Nebraska here in Columbus. I feel like there would've been at least something by now. As much as I'd like to see him get back into coaching, it's starting to look like a real long shot.

I would tend to agree. However there isn't a whisper coming from anywhere else either. It's really odd that there is nothing coming from anywhere. Also, Tressel has had more than ample time to deny interest and hasn't done anything. You can't tell me he doesn't know he is atop the wish list and if he knew we had no chance in hell he would have to respond just to get people off his twitter, right?

Not necessarily. Tressel is, after all, a university president. I am more than positive he has an individual who handles his twitter account. He's also 61 and probably pays no attention to his (or anyone else's) twitter comments.

There's a great shot he has no idea anyone is even talking about him and Nebraska. It may have never even occurred to him that it's even the slightest possibility. Maybe he could care less.

Or maybe he's in communication with them right now. I hope this is the case.

Unfortunately, hope has a funny way of turning into disappointment. I'm a Buckeye. I see it all the time.

Tressel is not without baggage but he's a good coach with nice recruiting ties, he'd be a good hire for us that would turn heads nationally. So there's that, then there's that I'm just not very confident about who we get if it isn't Tressel. If it's not him I think there's a good chance we end-up with a fallback guy in Frost or Chryst. I hope I'm dead wrong on that.

Not necessarily. Tressel is, after all, a university president. I am more than positive he has an individual who handles his twitter account. He's also 61 and probably pays no attention to his (or anyone else's) twitter comments.

There's a great shot he has no idea anyone is even talking about him and Nebraska. It may have never even occurred to him that it's even the slightest possibility. Maybe he could care less.

Unfortunately, hope has a funny way of turning into disappointment. I'm a Buckeye. I see it all the time.

So he does care?

So he does care?

"Maybe he could care less" is an idiomatic expression. It's the same thing as saying "Maybe he doesn't care". So no. He doesn't. In that particular statement that is.

Is that not a common common expression in Nebraska? I'm not trying to be condescending, it's a serious question. Driven out west several times and I always seem to say a phrase that's common in Ohio but unheard of in Utah, or California, or wherever else I may be.

So he does care?

"Maybe he could care less" is an idiomatic expression. It's the same thing as saying "Maybe he doesn't care". So no. He doesn't. In that particular statement that is.

Is that not a common common expression in Nebraska? I'm not trying to be condescending, it's a serious question. Driven out west several times and I always seem to say a phrase that's common in Ohio but unheard of in Utah, or California, or wherever else I may be.

proper English is "couldn't care less" meaning lowest care possible. "Could care less" is improper English and means you do care some but haven't quite reached the bottom. It's funny you mention California, I'm fairly certain they don't speak English there, so I wouldn't put too much stock in what you hear when visiting.