OWH: In San Francisco meeting, Eichorst and Perlman find 'our guy'

Amac3309

If the Whittingham story has any legs, it may have been to let him know he was the #2 option.

I'm sure Eichorst was prepared all the way through. Perlman noted that ADs do their due diligence on this regularly to prepare for times when they need to go through on it. When the decision to fire Bo finally came down, Eichorst likely had his own list of candidates and had some understanding of their potential interest level. The actual more serious discussions still needed to happen, though, and that's what we're talking about in this timespan.

I'd feel a lot better about our AD knowing Riley was option 1 and Whittingham was option 2 without BB ever being in the mix. In the end, we'll probably never know.

I have a hard time believing Bielema was in the mix if the main criteria for a head coach was to get a positive high character person. Especially when Bret left SE's pal Alvarez in the dust in Wisconsin. I don't believe they would trust a coach jumping to three different teams in 3 years

I'd feel a lot better about our AD knowing Riley was option 1 and Whittingham was option 2 without BB ever being in the mix. In the end, we'll probably never know.

I have a hard time believing Bielema was in the mix if the main criteria for a head coach was to get a positive high character person. Especially when Bret left SE's pal Alvarez in the dust in Wisconsin. I don't believe they would trust a coach jumping to three different teams in 3 years

if BB was offered it was a stupid idea!