Who is this guy, Mike Riley?

NUance

Gameday before the 2012 BYU game. (Oregon St won, 42-24).

Riley talks about motivating players. Also discusses their walk-on program. Walk-on Mike Hass won the 2012 Biletnikoff Award for the best receiver in the nation. Walk-on Alexis Serna won the 2005 Groza award for the best kicker.

• Fire 1

"Walk-on Alexis Serna won the 2005 Groza award for the best kicker."

I'm thinking we could use a kicker. Brown was a disappointment.

T_O_B

Maybe just needs a little development.

I'm warming up to Riley more and more. Man was absolute hamstrung at Oregon State, yet he set them up for that 2000 fiesta bowl win under Erickson and has been decent since start of his second term there.

T_O_B

I'm warming up to Riley more and more. Man was absolute hamstrung at Oregon State, yet he set them up for that 2000 fiesta bowl win under Erickson and has been decent since start of his second term there.

Yeah, everyone keeps saying that Riley is great at developing talent. I look forward to seeing some of that. Perhaps starting with Brown.

That and his teams have been known for aggressive defenses. I think I've had my fill of bend-don't-break defenses. Especially when we give up 56 unanswered points to the freaking Vadgers. :facepalm:

Yesterday on college game play, Jack Arrute and Phil Savage, he made the comment his defense finished 2nd or third in the Pac 12 last year. I did not realize that. Arrute and Savage both felt he was an absolute diamond. He was a Nebraskan in an Oregon wrapper. Thought he would have tremendous results and quickly.

• Fire 1

T_O_B

Yeah, everyone keeps saying that Riley is great at developing talent. I look forward to seeing some of that. Perhaps starting with Brown.

That and his teams have been known for aggressive defenses. I think I've had my fill of bend-don't-break defenses. Especially when we give up 56 unanswered points to the freaking Vadgers. :facepalm:

We've been calling it the "Matador Defense" that's when you take a step to the left and shout, "Ole!" as the RB goes past you.

T_O_B

• Fire 1