Did you watch Ohio state last night

Did anybody notice how physical OSU was last night , very strong very physical. Alot like we used to be. I have serious questions about the new staffs' dedication to S+C .What film i have watched on rileys osu showed them getting pushed around alot on both sides of the ball. It seems to me that if we want to get over the hump, with the quality of players we can get here, that what we might lack in athleticism we need to make up in brute strength, conditioning and proper technique. I will be interested in seeing the amount of attention that this crucial component gets from this staff. Lets just say it doesn't look like it is trending ^

Take a look at who has the NFL combine record for benching 225 lbs and what school he came from.

its not just strength, its endurance.....and mental toughness.

I know, the Big 10 is better than the Pac 12 in every aspect. I don't even know what the Pac 12 doesn't just fold. The stomping Michigan State put on Oregon was amazing. Out physicalled them and everything. I'll even bet the top 6 teams in the Big 10 would have run away with the Pac 12 title.

Listen guys. The Big 10 is considered the worst power 5 conference. It's not ten years ago and the Pac 12 isn't the weak conference you think it is.

there are only 2 teams in the big...OSU and MSU......the Pac has many....

MSU? Who exactly did Michigan State beat this year that puts them in OSU air? This conference is a one trick pony. The rest of us are just trying to keep within distance of Ohio State. We'll soon find out in the playoffs just how far back our one trick pony is from the rest of the best.

MSU? Who exactly did Michigan State beat this year that puts them in OSU air? This conference is a one trick pony. The rest of us are just trying to keep within distance of Ohio State. We'll soon find out in the playoffs just how far back our one trick pony is from the rest of the best.

I agree with the majority of what you're trying to say. Michigan State had defensive talent last year that probably only aligns once in every 5-10 seasons. That's mainly what allowed them to get the best of Urban in the title game last year.

But I disagree with the assumption that Ohio State is that far back from the other schools in the playoff...at least had Barrett been 100% healthy when they face Alabama. I think the score easily could have been 70-0 if Barrett had been 100% on Saturday night.

I was definitely impressed with the play of OSU. Most notably, their 3rd string QB.

Part of it is good depth, most of it is motivation & coaching. Great coaches know how to get their players to play better/harder/quicker than they think they can. As much as I disdain Urb, his staff really has a team with a great mindset. NU's biggest issue has been mental. With wisky, we got outcouched and this gets magnified by the players effing up mentally.

The mental toughness starts with S&C but it's not about adding more weight or doing more stairs. It's about persevering when you wanna quit; making the last rep better than the first. Learning how to push beyond your limits. I don't think Pelini's players ever quit on the staff but I do think some of them quit on themselves or had been conditioned into the "quicksand" mentality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3O-kYwM8qY?t=1m20s

Time will tell, but if I had to wager money on it I'd say Bama beats them like a rented mule. I'm not sure the QB play is all that important or different. When a team can plug and play a QB like Ohio State has done this year, it reminds me a lot more of what we were able to do back in the 90's. We didn't win those NC's because of QB play. We won those because of just how dominant the rest of the team was. Turman could have taken every snap in the 95' season, and we still would have won by a landslide.

what riley calls physical in the Pac is nothing more than finesse in the Big......he will learn the hard way.

One of my concerns. I see it this way as well ... right or wrong.

This is the Big 10 not the SEC. I seem to recall Stanford being just as and at times even more physical than Wisconsin on their way too a rose bowl win in 2013, Oregon can run physically and beat Wiscy the year before that.

Both the PAC and BIG's top teams are physical, and in Oregons case, dynamic running teams. There is little in the Big 10 that he will not have seen before in the PAC.

Matchups don't work in your favor when the other team is stronger and quicker. Simple

you mean like the year we crushed Washington State and turned around and they beat our ass in a bowl game?
Facepalm_(1).png

what in the hell does that have to with what i said, I think you have been doin too much of what the panda is doin.