Torture Report

[The] United States is committed to the world-wide elimination of torture and we are leading this fight by example. I call on all governments to join with the United States and the community of law-abiding nations in prohibiting, investigating, and prosecuting all acts of torture and in undertaking to prevent other cruel and unusual punishment.

George W. Bush, June 2003.

BFDuMma.gif

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/09/politics/mccain-lauds-release-terror-report/index.html

McCain said that while "the truth is a hard pill to swallow...the American people are entitled to it." And he acknowledged that violence against the U.S. from the "Muslim world" is "possible..perhaps likely," but argued that America's enemies "hardly need an excuse" to attack the nation, so the good done by the release of the report should trump any security concerns.

"This report strengthens self-government and, ultimately, I believe, America's security and stature in the world," he said.

Damn lefties.

• Fire 1

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/09/politics/mccain-lauds-release-terror-report/index.html

McCain said that while "the truth is a hard pill to swallow...the American people are entitled to it." And he acknowledged that violence against the U.S. from the "Muslim world" is "possible..perhaps likely," but argued that America's enemies "hardly need an excuse" to attack the nation, so the good done by the release of the report should trump any security concerns.

"This report strengthens self-government and, ultimately, I believe, America's security and stature in the world," he said.

Damn lefties.

What a RINO. Real Republicans condone torture.

Damn lefties.

What a RINO. Real Republicans condone torture.

Or lie about it.

"This government does not torture people." George W. Bush 2007

Every single person up to and including Bush that authorized this should be tried in the Hague for war crimes. The fact that anyone thinks that this is acceptable is just plain sickening. Rape and Torture is subhuman... It's perpetrated by evil men. Every time I think maybe we've progressed as a species farther then the dark ages at least I can count on something like this to come up and prove me wrong.

Really. How about the a$$holes who murdered two journalists this week or the ones who take a dull knife and saw off the heads of hostages? Or perhaps the gang of thugs that kidnapped a school of school girls in Liberia? I'd pay money for the opportunity to use a barbed wire whip on a few of these guys

and then you can buy me a ticket to the Hague, sounds like a vacation to me.

As for what the CIA does to these guys, I still don't care! What I do care about is spending tax dollars on a study that will change nothing. If I make you sick take

an alka seltzer and go to bed. Oh and remember if you ever get taken hostage by these guys they won't care that you want to try our leaders at the Hague, they will still saw off your head with a dull knife and then send the video to your mother.

T_O_B

• Fire 1

Every single person up to and including Bush that authorized this should be tried in the Hague for war crimes. The fact that anyone thinks that this is acceptable is just plain sickening. Rape and Torture is subhuman... It's perpetrated by evil men. Every time I think maybe we've progressed as a species farther then the dark ages at least I can count on something like this to come up and prove me wrong.

Really. How about the a$$holes who murdered two journalists this week or the ones who take a dull knife and saw off the heads of hostages? Or perhaps the gang of thugs that kidnapped a school of school girls in Liberia? I'd pay money for the opportunity to use a barbed wire whip on a few of these guys

As for what the CIA does to these guys, I still don't care! What I do care about is spending tax dollars on a study that will change nothing. If I make you sick take

an alka seltzer and go to bed. Oh and remember if you ever get taken hostage by these guys they won't care that you want to try our leaders at the Hague, they will still saw off your head with a dull knife and then send the video to your mother.

T_O_B

So much for American exceptionalism, eh? You really should stop and think about what you're saying here.
  • Fire 2

T_O_B

So much for American exceptionalism, eh? You really should stop and think about what you're saying here.

You can stop and think when that knife is at your throat. As for me, I still don't care!

T_O_B

T_O_B

You can stop and think when that knife is at your throat. As for me, I still don't care!

T_O_B

Whose knife? The terrorists'? Or your barbed wire whip?

Oh man. We have got to be able to separate anger at terrorists/murderers/enemy combatants with desire for our own government to remain true to its Constitution and basic, universal principles.

Nah, the constitution only matters if we are talking about freedom to be christian.

• Fire 4

Oh man. We have got to be able to separate anger at terrorists/murderers/enemy combatants with desire for our own government to remain true to its Constitution and basic, universal principles.

Nah, the constitution only matters if we are talking about freedom to be christian.

And keeping tax rates low!

• Fire 2

T_O_B

T_O_B

You probably have beers with the a$$holes who spit at me when I got home from Nam.

T_O_B

T_O_B

T_O_B

You probably have beers with the a$$holes who spit at me when I got home from Nam.

T_O_B

No, sir. Hardly your fault that you were sent there. I would like a word with the politicians who sent you there, though.

• Fire 1

T_O_B

Your mother wasn't big on drilling in the whole two wrongs lesson was she?

Murdering or kidnapping people for the purpose of terrorizing a country who's policies you don't like is just as horrible. Nobody here is arguing that there shouldn't be consequences or justice for people doing that. Torturing people isn't about information, no matter what the evil jackasses running and authorizing this program try to tell you (whilst in the next sentence saying FEAR THE TERRORISTS, LOOK THE OTHER WAY OR WE'RE ALL IN DANGER!). It's about revenge, which you obviously get since you seem so eager to want to dish it out. It's about intimidation. It doesn't work on either count, in fact it weakens the perception of the US with people throughout the world which increases the people that see the US as an evil imperialist nation.

It shows me that our intelligence leadership are no better then a radical warlord murdering or kidnapping children with a guerrilla army of fanatics and conscripted kids or a murderer trying to get attention with gruesome executions. The difference is we (the western world) have the means to bring people to justice and/or death in combat whilst attempting to bring them to justice and not subject them to the same barbarism that they inflict on others. Then America gets to actually be a leader in the world not some hypocritical state that seeks revenge on anyone we can get our hands on. Instead we strengthen their numbers and resolve because we let our fears take over and lose our own argument that the United States is united in it's stand for human rights and just basic human decency.

Please never run for office.