Thoughts on Suh's suspension?

Beemer13

suh-steps-on-rodgers.gif

You can't see it very well in this gif but #70 has Suh's jersey grasped at arm's length. Even so, it looks like Suh could've avoided stepping on Rodgers. He probly wouldn't have stepped on him if he knew Rodgers was going to throw a little hissy fit.

I just wanna know how Rodgers isnt being ridiculed for reaching up and grabbing a dudes ass

Gotta love people throwing out the racially-tinged "thug" card.

Gotta love race baiters turning topics off course.

Agree with you Abdullah. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of the word "thug" being "racially-tinged."

When people start actually using the word by it's actual definition (hint: Ndamukong Suh isn't a thug) and when I start hearing white/latino/asian athletes referred to as thugs then I'll concede that the term isn't related to race at all.

I don't know...I referred to Bill Laimbeer as a "thug" the entire time he was playing in the NBA and the same thing goes for Bill Romanoski when he was in the NFL. In my mind it is about actions not color.

This. Exactly.

And there is a reason why white/latino/asian athletes collectively don't get called thugs nearly as often as their counterparts.

I would say Incognito was a thug and not just on the football field.

Your grasping here LOMS...

I agree that the true definition doesn't match the usage but it has been watered down through the years to mean someone that is essentially a bully.

You might be right and ultimately it's a person by person thing. But in my not-so-scientific search that doesn't mean that much of anything but that i found interesting through posts on the board that include the word (this took me about 6 minutes, so not grasping TOO much at least), in the last 6 months ish when talking about individual people here's what I saw on huskerboard:

13 references to blacks as 'thug'

2 references to whites as 'thug' (Incognito and Raiola)

and about 300 references to Miami :)

So does that makes us racist against Miami when we call it Thug U? biggrin1.gif

Your grasping here LOMS...

I agree that the true definition doesn't match the usage but it has been watered down through the years to mean someone that is essentially a bully.

You might be right and ultimately it's a person by person thing. But in my not-so-scientific search that doesn't mean that much of anything but that i found interesting through posts on the board that include the word (this took me about 6 minutes, so not grasping TOO much at least), in the last 6 months ish when talking about individual people here's what I saw on huskerboard:

13 references to blacks as 'thug'

2 references to whites as 'thug' (Incognito and Raiola)

and about 300 references to Miami :)

So does that makes us racist against Miami when we call it Thug U? biggrin1.gif

Course not that's the name of their prison yard