Langsdorf Offensive Philosophy

Mavric

I didnt say all guys. I said a lot. Theres a lit of ugly throws on tape where its glaringly obvious that either the receiver or qb made the wrong read in our god forsaken read option route bs. QBs make bad throws time to time, sure. Even Peyton Manning looks like total garbage time to time. So im not sayin Tommy would be perfect under better coaching in a better system, but i think there would be glaring improvement. I also dont think he was put in nearly enough positions that played to his strengths.

What has been lacking in our QBs for years has been consistency. That and poor mechanics. Both of which are products of good coaching, just look at OSU this year. Martinez could be very good passing when he held to his fundamentals (many of the ones he had to seek outside coaching to improve, and his numbers jumped with the outside coaching) and Armstrong seems to suffer from many of the same issues. One series he can be lethal, and just shred a defense, and the next look like he has never taken a snap before.

• Fire 1

Excited for all the new offensive guys and for having a system and a dedicated approach,

but a small part of me is bummed out that we're once again losing something that's been so dear to our program for so long in being devoted to running the football. For all of Beck's warranted criticism, it was still cool that philosophically it fit in pretty well with the idea of "Nebraska".

Look at Marcus Mariota....only one game this season with more than 100 yards rushing. He is a true dual threat. A running qb who can't pass isn't a dual threat. A qb who can pass and keep the D honest with the ability to run is.

I would gladly take Mariota (I know he is a rarity) and his 68% completion rate any day of the week over a 50% guy who can run......

IMO, this year teams stacked the box as we have yet to truly have a dual threat qb. With coaching and a defined system, TA might be that guy. I just know that when teams stacked Oregon, Mariota's arm made them pay......

Hahaha, who wouldn't take a guy who arguably, if he wins Monday, is a top 5-7 college football qb of all time?

Excited for all the new offensive guys and for having a system and a dedicated approach,

but a small part of me is bummed out that we're once again losing something that's been so dear to our program for so long in being devoted to running the football. For all of Beck's warranted criticism, it was still cool that philosophically it fit in pretty well with the idea of "Nebraska".

i bet we still have a rub ratio at or above 50%.