Protestors Shut Down Freeway; Ambulance Carrying Seriously Injured Forced To Detour

To the extent that I am successful (moderately, I might add), it is due to the fact that many weeks I put in 60 hours of work, not due to the fact that I happen to be white.

That's all it's due to huh? You're a 100% self made man?

What do you do for a living? You don't think it could have anything to do with the statistically proven fact that job applicants with black sounding names get 50% less call backs on identical resumes to people with common anglo-saxon names?

What do your parents do? Did they help pay for any of your college, a car, any phone bills? Did you follow their line of work at all? Receive any monetary inheritance from deceased grandparents? Have any property that has been passed down through your family that could have at one point belonged to Natives and was promised to be protected by the government but was sold off to whites anyways?

You don't think that African-American families could possibly be at a disadvantage because they don't have generations of wealthy ancestors passing down money and opportunity to their offspring?

Where did you attend school growing up? Do you think your success couldn't have at least a tiny bit to do with the significantly higher chance that you were placed with more effective teachers than your fellow Americans in poor or high-minority school districts?

You have no clue what the term actually represents. It doesn't diminish anything you have done; it only puts it in context that your skin color gives you certain advantages that others don't have. What white privilege means is that even if you have just pulled yourself up by the bootstraps to be successful, other people of other skin colors often don't even have the bootstraps to be able to pull themselves up by.

Why don't you answer some of your own questions Landlord, I think that would be interesting................

• Fire 1

Why don't you answer some of your own questions Landlord, I think that would be interesting................

The answer is that I have benefitted tremendously in all different areas of life from my family heritage, my skin color, and being born in this country, all of which I had no control over.

Interesting, I benefited by having a "never give up" attitude despite having several walls thrown up in front of my face for different reasons. I didn't expect anyone to hand anything to me, my parents were not "well off" and I was instilled with a "if you want it, go and f-ing get it" attitude. I've received ZERO help from my parents financially for anything in my life, but I've always had their emotional support which is all I'll ever need. There is a helluva lot more I could say, but regardless, my bootstraps were pretty damn short if they were there at all and I put my nose to the grindstone and wouldn't take no for an answer on anything. I'll be paying for my student loans for the next 30 years, but I'm proud of what I've accomplished and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand by and listen to someone say that because I'm white..................... I've had all that handed to me. You may not have mentioned me directly, but I'm tired of a few of you standing up on your soap boxes and rattling your sabers screaming about white people having everything handed to them. Maybe you people did, but I sure as hell didn't and I've got SEVERAL friends who were in the same boat I was growing up.

• Fire 1

Interesting, I benefited by having a "never give up" attitude despite having several walls thrown up in front of my face for different reasons. I didn't expect anyone to hand anything to me, my parents were not "well off" and I was instilled with a "if you want it, go and f-ing get it" attitude. I've received ZERO help from my parents financially for anything in my life, but I've always had their emotional support which is all I'll ever need. There is a helluva lot more I could say, but regardless, my bootstraps were pretty damn short if they were there at all and I put my nose to the grindstone and wouldn't take no for an answer on anything. I'll be paying for my student loans for the next 30 years, but I'm proud of what I've accomplished and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand by and listen to someone say that because I'm white..................... I've had all that handed to me. You may not have mentioned me directly, but I'm tired of a few of you standing up on your soap boxes and rattling your sabers screaming about white people having everything handed to them. Maybe you people did, but I sure as hell didn't and I've got SEVERAL friends who were in the same boat I was growing up.

I've had a lot of ups and downs in my life. I've always felt that when life kicked me in the gut I was able to adapt to the situation and get back to where I wanted to be. My family was dead center middle class. I worked every night during the 5 years I was in college and thank God got through with no loans to pay off. (At that time colleges didn't' think so much of themselves.) Not real sure that being white did me any good, if I was interviewing for a job and the waiting room I was in included a black man, white woman and a black woman, I always felt that I was on the bottom of the totem pole.

I totally agree with BRI here. Some people just need to realize that maybe an employer hired the most qualified person for the job. I always did and I will guarantee you that there were a lot of white people that didn't get past the 'first look test' and I didn't even offer them an application. (This was based on my clientele rather than what this persons qualifications were.)

T_O_B