Michigan hires mom of prospective transfer recruit from Stanford

NUance

Mother of Stanford graduate transfer reportedly hired by Michigan

By Sam Cooper 22 hours ago Dr. Saturday www.yahoo.com
Stanford defensive back Wayne Lyons has reportedly been considering a graduate transfer to Michigan for his final season of college football. Now he has a family reason to make the move.
According to Mlive.com, Lyons’ mother, Gwendolyn Bush, “appears in the school’s directory as an athletics player development staffer.” New Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh, the former head coach at Stanford, has been looking to hire a director of player development.

Well, I guess Harbaugh did promise that he'd bring new talent into the B1G. This is just a creative way of doing it. :lol:

HE can make the argument that he knew her from his time at Stanford and wanted to add her to the team.

Maybe 2 birds with 1 stone?

I'm sure he WILL make that argument. Because she was the most qualified candidate out of the 10 million people who could have filled the position. :lol:

Mother of Stanford graduate transfer reportedly hired by Michigan

By Sam Cooper 22 hours ago Dr. Saturday www.yahoo.com
Stanford defensive back Wayne Lyons has reportedly been considering a graduate transfer to Michigan for his final season of college football. Now he has a family reason to make the move.
According to Mlive.com, Lyons’ mother, Gwendolyn Bush, “appears in the school’s directory as an athletics player development staffer.” New Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh, the former head coach at Stanford, has been looking to hire a director of player development.

Well, I guess Harbaugh did promise that he'd bring new talent into the B1G. This is just a creative way of doing it. :lol:

Here is the actual reason...

This has led to a couple of assertions that Michigan is getting down and dirty. If so, let's be clear why: it's not because Michigan wants a defensive back who will be around for one year. It's because Bush was—uh—"team mom" for South Florida Express, a high-powered 7 on 7 outfit that launched the careers of Teddy Bridgewater and Geno Smith, amongst many others.

When I read the title of the thread, I laughed and was reminded of when Houston Nutt was forced to hire a high-school coach as offensive coordinator of Arkansas. The High-School coach of top-prospect quarterback Mitch Mustain. At the time I thought that was a pretty sick way to recruit a kid. Pretty messed up.

Then I remembered the name of that High-School Coach: Gus Malzahn. Obviously that hire was more than just a ploy to get a recruit.

Keep an eye on that Harbaugh character. Seems a little wiley.