Rivals Will Monitor 6th Grade Football

Describe it however you want. It's recruiting and almost all other c1 schools can't do it.

Better coaching? Pretty easy when you can hand pick which kids from a large population you want on your team then compete at a lower class.

We're way off topic here. I'm done with the subject.

Actually any school can do it, be really good at a sport with a top notch coach and kids from around the area will go to it. Guessing you went to a public school and lost to a few private schools in your day. You must be one of the private school kids are 1.5 kids

I don't know if they do this today but in the 80's Creighton Prep would scout the middle school/junior high schools and offer discounted tuition to those who agreed to be a part of their football program.

Just about every Catholic school in the state does that. Look at how many catholic schools will be at State basketball this year.

Ever wonder how Skutt has such a good wrestling program? What about Kearney Catholic volleyball?

FYI...I also know of a couple smaller public C1 or C2 schools that are close to larger communities that do the same thing in certain sports.

KEARNEY CATHOLIC VOLLEYBALL BLOWS DICK.

I would know. I went to Columbus Scotus. :D

I don't know if they do this today but in the 80's Creighton Prep would scout the middle school/junior high schools and offer discounted tuition to those who agreed to be a part of their football program.

Just about every Catholic school in the state does that. Look at how many catholic schools will be at State basketball this year.

Ever wonder how Skutt has such a good wrestling program? What about Kearney Catholic volleyball?

FYI...I also know of a couple smaller public C1 or C2 schools that are close to larger communities that do the same thing in certain sports.

Ahh the good old days of Catholic school girls

Totally not how I meant that to be implied. But hey, you said you're from there - if the shoe fits, wear it?

Just saying Scotus plays better volleyball ;)

Edit: Also, for the comment regarding state basketball - Scotus is traditionally AWFUL at basketball. They'll be at state this year. If anyone goes to one of their games, take a look at Grant Lahm. Senior. NOT recruited, his parents have taught at the school for 30+ combined years. I think this kid can and should play D1 ball; if anyone watches him, you should let me know what you think.

Totally not how I meant that to be implied. But hey, you said you're from there - if the shoe fits, wear it?

Edit: Also, for the comment regarding state basketball - Scotus is traditionally AWFUL at basketball. They'll be at state this year. If anyone goes to one of their games, take a look at Grant Lahm. Senior. NOT recruited, his parents have taught at the school for 30+ combined years. I think this kid can and should play D1 ball; if anyone watches him, you should let me know what you think.

His parents recruited him there...cheaters

His parents recruited him there...cheaters

For those who know the landscape, I will call Scotus out on it. If you ask the girl herself, she cites "not being well liked and bullying". But the summer before my senior year of high school, (we had just won state last year) the best player in the city (who attended Columbus Lakeview) up and transferred her junior year to Scotus. And then we won state two more times in a row. :D

What's worse? Them covering it or people that will actually follow it?

Given that we have seen several 7th graders offered by D-1 football programs, it makes me wonder if this is a response by Rivals to keep up with times. The coaches are obviously looking at the middle school ranks, so this could be a nature progression by the recruiting services.

It is a waste of time, IMO, as these kids will undergo so much physical and mental development, both personally and in terms of football, from 6th-12th grade.